The Mash will be disappearing in 7 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
May 19, 2014
London UK
I’d like to feature a few endorsements for Litopia on the front page… you’ve seen the sort of thing elsewhere, just a few words to give visitors an indication that the whole thing isn’t some Madoff-scale ponzi scheme :)

If any kind members would like to offer a few words, either here or by PM to me directly, I’d be most grateful. You don't need to use your full name - first name, colony name or something else will be fine (but not, please, B. Madoff...).

Here's mine :)

I firmly believe I wouldn't be published at all if not for Litopia. The feedback available and the sense of community were invaluable to me when I was testing the waters, learning about the industry, and honing my skills as a writer. They still are invaluable to me because no one in this business can go it alone. Litopia is a safe haven where I can help others, learn from them in turn, and hang out online with my awesome writing friends.

Ravenna Tate

I’d like to feature a few endorsements for Litopia on the front page… you’ve seen the sort of thing elsewhere, just a few words to give visitors an indication that the whole thing isn’t some Madoff-scale ponzi scheme :)

If any kind members would like to offer a few words, either here or by PM to me directly, I’d be most grateful. You don't need to use your full name - first name, colony name or something else will be fine (but not, please, B. Madoff...).
Give me 7 days Pete and I’ll deliver ;)

Litopia is my favourite online writing hangout. In fact, nowadays, my only online writing hangout; international, intercontinental, characterful and diverse. Writers who are also readers. Bookworms who've got the writing bug. Writers who are grafting, many published or self-published, some yet to be published. It may call itself a Colony, but it's more like a constellation. Everyone's doing their own thing, their own best way. But it's a community, a forge, a watering hole, occasionally melancholic (well, writers, you know) but often funny, plenty of food for thought and unfailingly friendly.

Litopia is the most supportive and welcoming writers' group I've found online. Working alone in my office, Litopia is my break room where I can go to have a coffee, hang out with colleagues, and talk shop. It's a place to celebrate all our successes, big and small, and get a much-needed boost of confidence when the failures drag us down.

Litopia is definitely the most supportive writing forum around and the Flash Club each month where we post micro-fictions has been a great stimulus to creative writing for many of us. What is unique about the Litopia Colony, though, has to be the well-attended live Pop-Up Submissions where AgentPete shares his initial responses to submitted extracts from works in progress. It is a participatory and immensely insightful experience.

Litopia - Its in the name, Its the place to be for all budding writers, who want to truly bloom and thrive.

My Sundays have not been the same since joining Litopia. Agent Pete goes where no Agent has gone before. He tells you how it is, but not only that he tells you how to be a better writer. Want to know why you keep getting those dreaded Rejections. Look no further than Litopia. Its Fun, Full-on and Friendly.

By Rainbow Nerd

The strength of the Litopia Colony, as with any community, is the people. I’m grateful that I have got to know a wide range of talented writers – published, self-published, not-yet-published, and even a supporter who has given up writing (but I imagine the call of his muse may still lure him back) - and of course Litopia’s in-residence literary agent: Agent Pete. In the company of these friendly, helpful and inspiring people, one’s own standard of writing can only be raised.

I have found the many generous tools offered on Litopia immensely useful and encourage other writers to try them out. They include: Pop-up Submissions, private writing groups, Writing Wiki, monthly on-line seminars, monthly flash fiction competitions (Flash Club) as well as the lively chat forums.

So what are you waiting for? Join in and I'll see you in the Flash Club!

Anne Chen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly First Page Sins

The Mash will be disappearing in 7 days

Back