Consider yourself privileged

J

A Very Different Book Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incidentally, I'm going to blog about this tomorrow, exploring the rather iffy stats - it’s fun for us authors, but the actual survey doesn’t actually say these jobs are most desirable, nor (as the Independent implies) does it say people would rather be an author that a Premiership footballer.

Well I would rather be an author, no matter the hurdle to being one (penniless, starving, tired), cause its what (my) life is about and meant to be. Isn't that why I came to Britain for anyway? Ok, it was more to get my hands on a real castle, which I finally did today ;) (Caerlaverock Castle, the only triangular one in Britain ;) ;)

Let's be clear here, they said AUTHOR not writer. Right? An author is a published writer. A writer is wannabe author. An author is a job, a writer is a hobby until such time as you become an author. Me? I'm a writer I'm afraid. Jobless. :)

Do you think it speaks of people's oppression. The fact that we are now desperate for something more, a better life even if it is only make believe? Considering the state of our wee group of countries, I think it entirely possible.

Gone are the days where you can feasibly go out there and make your dreams come true. People are resourceful, their wings may be clipped but they will find other methods of flying. Writing is one of those.

Food for thought :)

Well I would rather be an author, no matter the hurdle to being one (penniless, starving, tired), cause its what (my) life is about and meant to be. Isn't that why I came to Britain for anyway? Ok, it was more to get my hands on a real castle, which I finally did today ;) (Caerlaverock Castle, the only triangular one in Britain ;) ;)
I saw the picture on Facebook Alistair, looks awesome. Another place that is amazing to look around is Fountain's Abby and Bodium Castle. I have to go back, not been there since... Gosh 1996 I think it was. May have been 95... WOW that's ten years ago now. Must have made an impression on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

A Very Different Book Video

Back