Help! Been away for about three years, my old account is gone!

Doubts, like louts, are all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JamieLoddesol

Hi, I don't know what kind of changes went on while I've been away, but I can't access my old Litopia account. I recently got back into writing and wanted to join back in on some of the old forums to which I used to be a regular. I thought maybe my email was wrong, so I tried my old username (Darrach), but to no avail. It says that name isn't in the system. Did they start deleting accounts due to inactivity? Thank you to anyone who can give me any kind of answer :)

Thank you, I was wondering if it was something of that sort. Are the houses where users could submit and critique work gone as well? I can't seem to find them...

Another thought: do we still have to pass the writing test to become a full member? Or is that not a thing anymore? Not sure if you know the answers to my questions, but maybe somebody here will.

The Houses now are restricted to members who meet a specific formula (which no one knows). It's basically some combination between how long you've been active (on the new Litopia) and how active you are. They do exist (they were redesigned and published very recently), but it takes a while to get in.

Hello:) What Carol Rose said. Litopia disappeared altogether for a while and returned last summer with a few things new and different.

Welcome back, looking forward to seeing you in the other threads

Welcome (back). As above, what they all said is true.

Welcome to the new Litopia. I'm also curious about the overhaul as I'm a member of the new litopia not the original one.

Thank you so much for all the answers, guys. I'm a little disappointed to hear that the Houses are now more restricted. But hopefully I'll find improvements in other areas to make up for that :)

Thank you so much for all the answers, guys. I'm a little disappointed to hear that the Houses are now more restricted. But hopefully I'll find improvements in other areas to make up for that :)
I opened this page and was like "oh! Nicole has a new profile picture."

Welcome back @JamieLoddesol! And I do hope @AgentPete has the power to hip-nudge the algorithm in the right direction, given your distinguished service in Old Litopia.

The idea in restricting access is to provide for a sort of "proving ground" in the public space and members-only Back Room, to show that you adhere to the Litopian ideals of mutual support and courtesy, before letting you tinker in other authors' works.

Wait, what are you sorry for?
Hmm? Oh, you missed the witch crack...

Nothing at all! Here, have some cake!
451063453.jpg

Welcome back to the Colony, Jamie! I was also and old school colonist, took a break at one point and came back to find no trace of the place at all. Glad you found us again, I hope it helps you in all your endeavors!

Well I am appalled that you would think that a simple cake--ooh is that chocolate?
(The image actually won't load on my phone... cursed building with no data access! But I'm assuming it has chocolate on it.)
Nay. More just a fruit-covered cookie. But it looked delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doubts, like louts, are all about.

Back