Bad reviews/rejections -- see if this makes you feel better

Open for submissions

News Air NZ giving away tickets to CoNZ2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

E G Logan

Nov 11, 2018
Liguria, Italy
Have you just spent years researching a book, while juggling the 24/7 requirements of a very large family and a very demanding job, only to receive... well, a disappointing response?

See Simon Heffer's review of Jacob Rees-Mogg's The Victorians in the Daily Telegraph. Heffer begins by awarding it one star out of the possible five and remarking, "parts of this appear to have been written by a baboon". Some of what he goes on to write suggests those might have been the best parts, in his view.

He concludes with: "Rees-Mogg thanks the people who inspired him to produce this book. They have done him no favours. No intelligent person needs to read it; no unintelligent person should, because it would compound their misfortune."

Ouch. Oh, Ouch.

He is a throwback to Victorian times and a bit scary. A little surprising that the Wallygraph takes a swing at him. Perhaps the book should be marketed under a different genre, I read this in the Guardian. "Reading this book is like living inside a scary version of Lewis Carroll’s Wonderland."

Which is precisely why I didn't put the link in. I didn't mean it to look like a link.

It was a link when you first posted it, just not the link to the review. It went to a political article. Did you mean not to post any link at all? I’m confused.

Either way, if you’re not able to edit the post yourself, I’m happy to remove the link. Just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Open for submissions

News Air NZ giving away tickets to CoNZ2020

Back