Self-Publishing Anyone know any sources for graphic novel publishers, illustrators?

Rizz - a new word I've just discovered,

In-depth interview with Christopher Vogler

I have a friend interested in jumping in to the genre.
Looking at the the graphic novel that I have, these are the following books, publishers:

1. Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi - first published in English by Pantheon Books, a division of Random House, Inc and Jonathan Cape
2. Fun Home, Are you My Mother, The Secret to Superhuman Strength by Alison Bechdel - Jonathan Cape
3. V For Vendetta, Alan Moore - Vertigo
4. Watchmen, Batman: The Killing Joke, Alan Moore - DC Comics
5. The Middle Ages: A Graphic History by Eleanor Janega and Neil Max Emmanuel, Icon Books
6. Maus I & II by Art Spiegelman, Pantheon

For background in terms of the structure of a page (panels, frames, speech/thought balloons, text, images, word balloons and sound effects, etc.) I read the following (but part of a MA in Eng Lit module):

1. Graphic Women: Life Narrative & Contemporary Comics by Hillary L. Chute
2. The Cambridge Companion to The Graphic Novel, ed. by Stephen E. Tabachinick.

I love graphic novels, never read one until my MA, but absolutely fell in love with them - so much so I wrote a comparative essay on Alison Bechdel's Fun Home and Virginia Woolf's Orlando.

I also remember an episode of Pop-Ups in maybe September or October. The guest, a children's publisher, promoted a recently published YA graphic novel about travel in, I think, Mexico. She said she wanted to publish more graphic novels (I can't remember her name, but could find it if you can't).

Looking at the the graphic novel that I have, these are the following books, publishers:

1. Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi - first published in English by Pantheon Books, a division of Random House, Inc and Jonathan Cape
2. Fun Home, Are you My Mother, The Secret to Superhuman Strength by Alison Bechdel - Jonathan Cape
3. V For Vendetta, Alan Moore - Vertigo
4. Watchmen, Batman: The Killing Joke, Alan Moore - DC Comics
5. The Middle Ages: A Graphic History by Eleanor Janega and Neil Max Emmanuel, Icon Books
6. Maus I & II by Art Spiegelman, Pantheon

For background in terms of the structure of a page (panels, frames, speech/thought balloons, text, images, word balloons and sound effects, etc.) I read the following (but part of a MA in Eng Lit module):

1. Graphic Women: Life Narrative & Contemporary Comics by Hillary L. Chute
2. The Cambridge Companion to The Graphic Novel, ed. by Stephen E. Tabachinick.

I love graphic novels, never read one until my MA, but absolutely fell in love with them - so much so I wrote a comparative essay on Alison Bechdel's Fun Home and Virginia Woolf's Orlando.

I also remember an episode of Pop-Ups in maybe September or October. The guest, a children's publisher, promoted a recently published YA graphic novel about travel in, I think, Mexico. She said she wanted to publish more graphic novels (I can't remember her name, but could find it if you can't).
Thank you for that. That was so thoughtful. In talking to him he is looking for someone to collaborate with on illustrating. I've read AI isnt quite up to illustrating graphics yet., I guess that's a blessing...

Rizz - a new word I've just discovered,

In-depth interview with Christopher Vogler

Back