and hello

Your WIP on Kindle?

G

Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vanessa Holmes

Hi joined today - encouraged to tell you a bit about me.
Name is Vanessa and I am doing the creative writer's course with the Open University students told me about this group, I looked on the site, liked what I saw and here I am.

Thank you all for your warm welcomes.

Nicole, you ask why do I write. Now there's a good question. Honestly, I write because I want an income and I believe my novels will be well received. I sound so pompous even listening to myself, I like writing and I believe I can do it well. At the moment I am doing an Open University Degree, Creative Writing and French. Having dropped Mandarin. Also doing a Writer's Bureau Course for Children - questioning my common sense. Is it possible to write for both adults and children simultaneously? Added to all this I am training to be a Radio Presenter so need to write scripts for the show.

Thank you all for your warm welcomes.

Nicole, you ask why do I write. Now there's a good question. Honestly, I write because I want an income and I believe my novels will be well received. I sound so pompous even listening to myself, I like writing and I believe I can do it well. At the moment I am doing an Open University Degree, Creative Writing and French. Having dropped Mandarin. Also doing a Writer's Bureau Course for Children - questioning my common sense. Is it possible to write for both adults and children simultaneously? Added to all this I am training to be a Radio Presenter so need to write scripts for the show.
Actually, I asked what do you write, as in genre and age market, but this is good info, too! Many of us on here also want to write for income, though to make your full income exclusively from writing is an *incredibly* difficult thing to do. But it's always good to have your sights set high; I have the same goal :)

Hello Vanessa, Welcome to the colony. What do you read - apart from your course work?

Thanks again for your warm welcomes, JR you asked what do I read? Well I read Between Me and You by Lisa Hall in two days, because I am also reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hpssein which, to me, is such a moving story. Some books I read as fast as I can and some I savour. That's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your WIP on Kindle?

G

Software

Back