An amusing word puzzle

Just joined

Amusement The Strangest Books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2019
buffalo, NY
OK Huddlers and huddler-wanna-bes, I have a word puzzle for you: Can you make a grammatically correct sentence using the same word 8 times in a row?
(FYI: I have one in mind, and I did not make it up, so no credit to me.)
Also, once you have the sentence (and there might be more than one, but I'm thinking not), can you tell me what it means??

Feel free to broaden the audience here (or move the post to the more appropriate forum if you are an UBERUSER)- I wasn't sure where else to post this.

GO!

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
Which means what Hannah said. A buffalo from Buffalo buffaloed (confused) a buffaloed (ultra confused) Buffalo bull buffalo.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
Which means what Hannah said. A buffalo from Buffalo buffaloed (confused) a buffaloed (ultra confused) Buffalo bull buffalo.
you got it. to easy? Buffalo also, usually means intimidated. So I take it to mean that Buffalos from Buffalo intimidate buffalos from Buffalo that those buffalos, also from Buffalo, also intimidate.

you got it. to easy? Buffalo also, usually means intimidated. So I take it to mean that Buffalos from Buffalo intimidate buffalos from Buffalo that those buffalos, also from Buffalo, also intimidate.
In my part of the world, it wouldn't be confused, it would be punched or punished physically. In the north of Australia, they're feral, dangerous, and have big horns and bad attitudes. We don't mess with them unless we want trouble.

Just the same- Badger 8 times in a row!
The issue with badger is the singular/plural problem. At least two of the badger would need to be plural -- badgers. Not quite the same. Buffalo is both singular and plural.

The issue with badger is the singular/plural problem. At least two of the badger would need to be plural -- badgers. Not quite the same. Buffalo is both singular and plural.
oh damn, you're right! I wonder if there is another sentence we could make in a similar vein- all one word???

This is all too difficult for my simple mind, but it begs the question:

Q. What's the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
A. You can't wash your hands in a buffalo.

I'll get my coat...

my head hurts trying to figure it out. I'll try again tomorrow. :)
You asked for 8 but reporting this in the pluperfect (past perfect) could increase the count to 11, I think. I can't claim originality. It's something I remember from childhood. There's another one where you can have a legitimate sentence with five and's in a row: and and and and and. Anyone care to have a go at that one?

You asked for 8 but reporting this in the pluperfect (past perfect) could increase the count to 11, I think. I can't claim originality. It's something I remember from childhood. There's another one where you can have a legitimate sentence with five and's in a row: and and and and and. Anyone care to have a go at that one?
had to look up the had hads. Ha. That's a nasty little puzzle.
The ands . . . .

beg to differ. Unless I got the back joke wrong, it was meant to sound like basin (where one might wash their hands), which to my ears sounds like bison with an accent (not an Aussie accent?) Not sure
Not an Aussie accent. We'd say sink. Generally. I understood the insinuation, but it's not ours.
*looks around*
What country would have that accent? And would say Bison as if it's an everyday word? Hmmmm ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just joined

Amusement The Strangest Books

Back