Reality Check A Writer, A Crime, A Suspect

41 Glorious Writing Conferences in June 2022

55 Writing Contests in June 2022 - No entry fees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting article in the NY Times about an author who wrote a novel "How to Murder Your Husband" and is now on trial for murdering her own ... She Wrote ‘How to Murder Your Husband.’ Did She Do It? I'll be curious to know how this all concludes. How many writers have been accused of harbouring the evil intentions of our villains or secretly nursing the vices of our protagonists?
Early in our marriage my husband and I went for some counselling. When I told the therapist that I was making notes for a murder mystery she said, "Sublimation is a fine thing." Never finished that book. We're still married...

Ah, what lengths will we go to for research purposes? In my current WIP, one of my characters is on Tinder. Having been married for 30 years, I'm not exactly familiar with Tinder, but just couldn't bring myself to set up an account for research purposes (never mind what the husband would think, the whole idea makes me shudder). Thankfully, my son has a Tinder account, so he's my go-to source for online dating info. LOL!

Ah, what lengths will we go to for research purposes? In my current WIP, one of my characters is on Tinder. Having been married for 30 years, I'm not exactly familiar with Tinder, but just couldn't bring myself to set up an account for research purposes (never mind what the husband would think, the whole idea makes me shudder). Thankfully, my son has a Tinder account, so he's my go-to source for online dating info. LOL!
It would be interesting to know the male vs female experience. I've read too many murder cases that seemed to start with meeting online for me to be comfortable for a daughter doing it. If I had a daughter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

41 Glorious Writing Conferences in June 2022

55 Writing Contests in June 2022 - No entry fees

Back