A.Word.A.Day

Big Brother Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Whybrow

Jun 20, 2015
Cornwall, UK
Some of you will know about this site already, and probably subscribe to its daily newsletter. A.Word.A.Day is one of my favourite sites, being consistently interesting and often surprising.
I particularly enjoy the weekly round-up bulletin, in which subscribers add their input to what the words mean. To add to the pleasure, each newsletter has a daily quote.
Anu Garg, the site's founder is some kind of saint. If you love words have a look at his Wordsmith site :
https://www.wordsmith.org/awad/about.html

I couldn't agree more. As for generating anagrams from one's own name, I see that you're basically a sedentary crab. Using my full name of Paul John Whybrow produces, among much gobbledegook, a frankly compromising Lap Job How Why Run (?!)

Sedentary crab has a pleasingly sinister ring to it! I wonder if I could change my username....
Perhaps best red canary would enable me to sing for my supper better?

Actually I can see a whole new thread coming out of this....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sedentary crab has a pleasingly sinister ring to it! I wonder if I could change my username....
Perhaps best red canary would enable me to sing for my supper better?

Actually I can see a whole new thread coming out of this....
There's amusement to be had with people's names, that's for sure. I fell about laughing when I first saw Gok Wan's name - which is an anagram of...Other anagrams are oddly prescient : Clint Eastwood makes Old West Action, Russell Crowe makes Scowler Rules and Carly Simon gives Moans Lyric.

Oooh, anagrams! This was a favorite college pastime of mine.

I get a lot of naughty words with my name and not much else! :oops: But I don't have a middle name and my full name only has six different letters. Boo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Brother Amazon

Back