A new publisher looking for SF/F manuscripts

Is Wattpad the future of publishing?

Fanfare! The Loneliness of the Short Story Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly put off by their website typo [Misson instead of Mission] -- I know it's easy to do, but maybe it indicates poor attention to detail.

Well if anyone will find holes to poke through and tiny issues to make into larger (or non-existent) ones, it will be the folks on AW. ;) They may serve a legit purpose, but the way they go about it makes my skin crawl at times. I'd hate to be on the receiving end of one of their witch hunts. Why does everything they bring to light have to contain such a large amount of snark and suspicion? They always seem to me to sound like playground bullies just itching for a fight.

Anyway.... the Parvus Press site seems fine to me, with the exception of a few misspelled words here and there. They don't appear to have published more than a couple of books, but they seem legit. I say go for it! What have you got to lose? If they ask for money at some point, you'll know they're not on the up and up.

Goodness, I didn't think that was a particularly snarky thread! The gist of it seemed to me to be saying 'these guys are new, let's see how things pan out.'

Goodness, I didn't think that was a particularly snarky thread! The gist of it seemed to me to be saying 'these guys are new, let's see how things pan out.'
That one was mild compared to most. Sorry. I'm not a fan of AW, obviously. LOL!! Some useful info, but I've seen far too many people get absolutely slaughtered over there for doing nothing more than posting a different opinion. Going against the herd is *not* encouraged over there. :)

Interesting. I have to admit I've not really noticed any flame wars there, but I do find them a useful resource when I'm researching publishers or agents, and I've found out about a number of useful things such as open submission windows as well. All forums can get snarky. It's one of the perils of the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is Wattpad the future of publishing?

Fanfare! The Loneliness of the Short Story Writer

Back