L

The Hard Conversation

J

The time has come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Meerkat

Recently, I've thought a lot about my own rootlessness and my never feeling as if I belonged anywhere. This, plus that, plus a helping of everything else, ending up sparking a novel idea for me. Well, a mosquito of an idea . . . I have only ideas for bits in it, but have yet to construct a plot.

At any rate, I came up with the first line, the working title, and the main character's name already, so as far as I'm concerned, I'm on fire. :)

Recently, I've thought a lot about my own rootlessness and my never feeling as if I belonged anywhere.

Everyone goes through it on some level. Some of us had no choice. By time I was 18, my parents had moved 22 times. That may have given me that feeling. In my adult years, I have far surpassed my parents in that area. Being in the military doesn't help either. For me, it's been more of a case of "dropping anchor". You may spin around, but you're more stationary.

@Meerkat , if you get your idea fleshed out, I'm sure it will do well. Lots of people feel that way. Go for it!

Ignition on...and lift off! I definitely relate to you too. I think all of us do at some point.

When I was a teenager I concluded I was only an observer in life not a participant. Sad but I wrote that in my diary. I had diaries from when I was 8 years old and one day read some of my later ones out loud to my best friend and we ended on the floor laughing our heads off.

I burnt them all one day ...wish I hadn't been so destructive with it. I was of the opinion that I should be ashamed of my life for some reason. Not sure why. As I have supportive parents. Maybe peer pressure when I was at school.

I still have my first entry though when i was eight... kept that somewhere. Makes me smile just holding a part of my history in my hands.

Dalai-Lama-mosquito.jpg

A home, what or where's that?? lol Meanwhile a novel idea, how, er novel! Take notes, or dive in and see where it goes ;)

I actually spent a fair amount of time planning the thing this weekend. I think I have the major aspects of the first half of the book planned. Not the details, though.

Cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

The Hard Conversation

J

The time has come.

Back