Your Favourite Website

Hello from Barcelona

Character Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Whybrow

Jun 20, 2015
Cornwall, UK
This amusing article on McSweeney's doesn't mention Litopia or The Colony :rolleyes: , though setting that omission aside, it still makes some sly jabs at the behaviour and attitudes of people:

List: What Your Favorite Website Says About You

It made me wonder what my favourite website is, for I've bookmarked about 200 since going over to the Linux operating system a year ago. For absorbing literary reading, I'd go with Literary Hub whose daily newsletter always sends me scurrying off into the minds and lives of famous writers:

Literary Hub

Reddit and Quora are both mines of information, as well as being time-consuming distractions, but if I could choose only one site that's not to do with only writing and publishing, it would be The Selvedge Yard, which started as a blog, but has morphed into a website " that celebrates cultural icons in the world of motorcycles, muscle cars, rock & roll, cinema, pin-up beauties, Kustom Kulture, Americana, photography, art, design, menswear, style, literature, and adventure."

The Selvedge Yard

What this says about me, I'm not sure—maybe, 'stuck in the past and relying on dated icons for inspiration and support.'

What's your favourite waste of time...or your go-to source of edifying and educative information?

animals-ewe_tube-ewes-youtube-website-online-iban72_low.jpg

Google maybe? YouTube? I don't think I have a favorite website.

I try to avoid current events. It's really difficult because I get headlines on my phone and I'm not willing to go so far as to remove them. At least, not yet. If I really need to know something I'm pretty sure someone will tell me.

I don't shop anymore but when I did it was amazon. I don't miss buying six tubes of cherry chapstick online. Which, yes, you can do. And yes, it is an exciting thing to be able to find exactly the thing you want online, no matter how trivial, and have it delivered to your door the next day. It's so much better than lugging bags home from the mall.

One of my most exciting finds was Chinese jacks. I got them. Is there even anyone else in the world besides myself even know what they are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello from Barcelona

Character Names

Back