Book Review: Write the Fight Right

Amusement Stephen King & George RR Martin Interview

News RIP Dr John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinne Weiss

May 19, 2015
New Zealand
Over the weekend, I attended a couple of sessions at GeyserCon featuring Alan Baxter, an Australian author who's books, I admit, I've never read. One session was on how to write fight scenes (he's a martial arts instructor, so he knows his stuff).

Afterwards, I picked up his short e-book, Write the Fight Right. It goes through many of the physical and psychological aspects of fighting that are important for writers to understand. It's short--really just a long essay--but priced accordingly, and well worth the cost for the valuable insights it provides.

I really wanted to go to that session when I saw it in the programme, but I didn't know he'd written a book about it too—the next best thing! Thanks for sharing!

I really wanted to go to that session when I saw it in the programme, but I didn't know he'd written a book about it too—the next best thing! Thanks for sharing!
He does day-long workshops too, which would be really great, if his short presentation was anything to go by. I'd be willing to bet we'll see him again at ConNZ next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amusement Stephen King & George RR Martin Interview

News RIP Dr John

Back