Remedies Witch Hazel

A Litopian’s Guide to Whitstable & Herne Bay

40 Writing Contests in July 2021 - No entry fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Whybrow

Jun 20, 2015
Cornwall, UK
It used to be that I healed quickly from grazes, cuts and bruises, but with ageing, they hang around for weeks.

My recently acquired sportscar, an MGF, has needed a lot of fettling to correct neglected maintenance by the previous owner. Access to components of this mid-engined vehicle is quite the worst I’ve encountered in 50 years of wrenching, so I’ve been picking up new scars as I force my hands and arms through tight spaces.

A deep bruise on my right bicep was painful enough to jog my brain cells into recalling that Witch Hazel has many benefits, including treating bruises. For £3 I acquired a 200-millilitre bottle from the local chemists. Dabbing my bruise several times a day with soaked cotton wool saw the bruise quickly fade. Witch Hazel works just as well on abrasions.

10 Powerful Uses of Witch Hazel For Natural Healing and Skincare - Be Well Buzz

iu

And it's a smart move to wear something on the arms similar to gaiters (I use old socks cut off at the heel and pulled up the arm (not the foot bit, the other bit). Looks like an elbow compression thingy, but made of sock. Stops a lot of damage.

And it's a smart move to wear something on the arms similar to gaiters (I use old socks cut off at the heel and pulled up the arm (not the foot bit, the other bit). Looks like an elbow compression thingy, but made of sock. Stops a lot of damage.
I agree. I wear tubigrip bandaging for possible arm-slashing, thorn-piercing jobs (and for bitey canine or psittacine or feline (incl. scratchy) clients).

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Litopian’s Guide to Whitstable & Herne Bay

40 Writing Contests in July 2021 - No entry fees

Back