C17 3764 13th Mar 16th Mar
C18 3439 16th Mar 18th Mar
C19 3111 19th Mar 23rd Mar
C20 3068 23rd Mar 31st Mar
C21 4192 1st Apr 9th Apr
C22 2341 9th Apr 16th Apr
CE 455 16th Apr 16th Apr

Total 81,537 1st Dec 16th Apr

So now... the temptation is to retire to the beach ... or I could start looking at the query and edit process.

Congratulations. Are you going to put it aside for a bit or start right in on draft 2?

There are obvious changes I have to make to keep the story in line. But apart from that, I don't know. I suppose it gives me they opportunity to shift my mindset from 'when I finish my first draft' to 'when I have my manuscript polished'. I will probably take the @Nicole Wilson twitter course and do a few things centered on marketing. But I am just glad to have 'stage 1 - finish draft 1' complete

Congratulations. Are you going to put it aside for a bit or start right in on draft 2?

There are obvious changes I have to make to keep the story in line. But apart from that, I don't know. I suppose it gives me they opportunity to shift my mindset from 'when I finish my first draft' to 'when I have my manuscript polished'. I will probably take the @Nicole Wilson twitter course and do a few things centered on marketing. But I am just glad to have 'stage 1 - finish draft 1' complete

Congratulations! Completing a novel is a huge achievement. Give yourself a big pat on the back!

If there are obvious changes and edits then now is the time to do them, while it's still all fresh in your mind. The time to set it aside is when you can't see anything more to change, because when you come back to it with fresh eyes after a break you probably will :)

Good luck with the next stage and don't forget to put some up in the houses if you want some feedback.

I read that an important stage of any milestone is to take some time to celebrate. :) Bottle of wine?
:D

Well done! Do you have the next novel in your mental works yet?

I envisage the WIP I just finished to be one of 4 in a series. They are all books in their own right.

I have a collection of back stories based on Pet Food (short stories, about 10).

I probably would like to publish some Flash and I have some short stories identified (Sci Fi).

But the Pet Food Universe and books are my passion first and foremost.

Onwards....and anywhere but here, is how my mind is distracting me at the moment. I'm on the penultimate chapter of my second novel, editing intensely as I go along in the hope that it will save time when doing the final edit of the whole manuscript. My imagination is bored with this and keeps throwing up ideas about what the plot of the third story in a series about my Cornish detective could contain.

I have a rough outline / development of characters / for all 4 books. However, given my flighty imagination, any other additions, ideas I get, I think of adding them as a short story -- part of the universe, but not part of the 4 books.

Yea. I'm giving myself a fanfare 'cos I just finished draft 1 of my MS
But the Pet Food Universe and books are my passion first and foremost.
Well, your chapter headings have me intrigued. Are you going to tell us how to interpret them? I am of the "let it rest for a while" persuasion, especially if you have other writing projects in hand. But don't stop writing at this point.

These are my chapter titles. Yes, I have it out with two beta readers. I do have some changes but probably will look at them towards end or May.

Prolog

C1 - You Think I Am Made Of Goats?

C2 - Retrain As A Friend Of Lusitanurbum

C3 - May You Blow Long And Hard

C4 - Claimed For Research

C5 - Take Me To The Pealand And Teach Me To Hunt

C6 - What Does A Honking Sound Sound Like?

C7 - She May Even Bring Some Nice Insects For Them To Eat

C8 - Where Will It Land

C9 - Is The Duque Coming To Dinner?

C10 - So I Have Five Carlinos For The Two Net Guns

C11 - Believe Me Sr. I Am A Very Patient Man

C12 - Should We Buy A Family Ticket Or Two Individual Tickets

C13 - Easy Money

C14 - You Cannot Skateboard Across Extremadura

C15 - I’ll Bring The Toothpaste

C16 - It’s An Animal After All, Livestock

C17 - A Churros, A Bit Soggy

C18 - Seeing As You Are So Flush