Question: What is screaming in this video?

Roll Up! Take Your First Steps Into... Mastodon!

Question: RIP Genius Room… What’s Next? You Decide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamela Jo

Oct 26, 2021
Wexford, Ireland

Now that we're talking about scary stuff - what about an international Halloween zoom round robin?

You know New Years Eve where you follow the celebration across the world and it's timezones?

What if we did that with the Halloween story telling?

It could start in Ireland, the source of Halloweens many traditions, on Monday night. Then be picked up and also recorded by the North American crowd followed by the next logical timezone. An Asian/ Australian, NZ version? A friendly competition as to who has the scariest ghosts, legends, tales that circles the globe in a "round robin."

I think a short poem or FF could be read but content has to be original. No readings of Poe or Lovecraft. I think this would be most fun if it has the fast pace of a Slam. Then MAYBE all the recordings could be available? Pete? I dont know how much editing that would entail. All Souls Night , Nov 2nd is traditionally when the dead come back to visit in Ireland. Maybe by then?

Making the dead welcome - All Souls’ Day in Ireland

But I dont know everything and am very capable of getting everything wrong. Just ask my kids. I'd love to hear other ideas.

Last edited:
Well, that was certainly different from what I expected. Bob cats and foxes sound positively terrifying when out in the forest, and you have no idea what it is. They sound more like a lady screaming bloody murder. The hunter's video is certainly some kind of animal - my best guess is a wolf, and probably one in distress. But I'm not very familiar with the sounds they make. Coming from Oregon, I'm used to this sort of wilderness, but this would still scare the **** out of me.

Upvote 0
Well, that was certainly different from what I expected. Bob cats and foxes sound positively terrifying when out in the forest, and you have no idea what it is. They sound more like a lady screaming bloody murder. The hunter's video is certainly some kind of animal - my best guess is a wolf, and probably one in distress. But I'm not very familiar with the sounds they make. Coming from Oregon, I'm used to this sort of wilderness, but this would still scare the **** out of me.
That the expert biologistscant id it is weird. To me there is nothing wolflike about it. Maybe elk? That it starts coming towards them is when I'd be like the woman. Nope we're out of here.

Upvote 0

Now that we're talking about scary stuff - what about an international Halloween zoom round robin?

You know New Years Eve where you follow the celebration across the world and it's timezones?

What if we did that with the Halloween story telling?

It could start in Ireland, the source of Halloweens many traditions, on Monday night. Then be picked up and also recorded by the North American crowd followed by the next logical timezone. An Asian/ Australian, NZ version? A friendly competition as to who has the scariest ghosts, legends, tales that circles the globe in a "round robin."

I think a short poem or FF could be read but content has to be original. No readings of Poe or Lovecraft. I think this would be most fun if it has the fast pace of a Slam. Then MAYBE all the recordings could be available? Pete? I dont know how much editing that would entail. All Souls Night , Nov 2nd is traditionally when the dead come back to visit in Ireland. Maybe by then?

Making the dead welcome - All Souls’ Day in Ireland

But I dont know everything and am very capable of getting everything wrong. Just ask my kids. I'd love to hear other ideas.
Clearly BigFoot...
200.gif

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roll Up! Take Your First Steps Into... Mastodon!

Question: RIP Genius Room… What’s Next? You Decide!

Back