What do you write?

The 100 Best Novels

The Demise of Authonomy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only just found this too, though life is busy (ain't it always!). For me currently in a series that is now growing to 8 novels, it is Fantasy, perhaps somewhat historical in parts at least. ;)

I'm currently writing a detective series based in and around Cardiff. What really interests me is "what happens next" so my book has a Robert Goddard feel with the characters reacting to events of over 20 years ago. I've also written weird historical/fantasy/spiritual books but most of my work is contemporary.

My main publishing success has been with non-fiction pagan mind/body/spirit stuff - I've had articles publishd and some success with a self-published book as well!

Graham

I'm currently writing a detective series based in and around Cardiff. What really interests me is "what happens next" so my book has a Robert Goddard feel with the characters reacting to events of over 20 years ago. I've also written weird historical/fantasy/spiritual books but most of my work is contemporary.

My main publishing success has been with non-fiction pagan mind/body/spirit stuff - I've had articles publishd and some success with a self-published book as well!

Graham
That sounds interesting @Graham H Miller I am not much into detective stuff but my mum raves about it. She really likes crime fiction. So at some point I will need to give it a proper go :)

So most of us write in some fantasy genre. That´s cool! I´m currious, Emurelda, Are you now writing YA or MG?

I have started a series of MG novels in the sci fi Elemons Quest series. Completed book 1, started book 2 and completed synopses for books 2-4. Then as I submitted to agents got a request for full MS. Decided to take my mind off this work for a bit as another series began forming...actually a character started to call me :D...I couldn't ignore her so began exploring her world.

She has an interesting life for which I am curious about too! So began the Arcane of Alys a YA historic mystery set in the 15/16th century around Wales. The first book is being sketched out.

All my books incorporate puzzles. I like labyrinths, paradoxes, time travel, and logical challenges. My interests in these is what makes me so happy to create my own enigmatic world through literature. Love it!

Coming on this forum helps me complete my work and motivates me to continue submitting to agents and 'upping my game'. It is after all a game right? ;)

Literary fiction and humour.
Therefore there's pretty much always something on the boil to suit my mood!

I write literary fiction and non-fiction.

I have started many novels in my life, but I never seem able to sustain them. So I generally write short stories. But the two novels I have planned are fantasy and literary dark fiction. I also have two non-fiction books planned.

I also have a short story in the works that is literary dark fiction.

In my younger days, I fancied myself a poet. I stopped writing them out of respect for the genre. :)

I write literary fiction and non-fiction.

I have started many novels in my life, but I never seem able to sustain them. So I generally write short stories. But the two novels I have planned are fantasy and literary dark fiction. I also have two non-fiction books planned.

I also have a short story in the works that is literary dark fiction.

In my younger days, I fancied myself a poet. I stopped writing them out of respect for the genre. :)
You're a busy bee @Meerkat :) I find short fiction more difficult than longer fiction but I have dabbled in short stories at times. I like how compact a well written short is :)

Odd how many of us like sci/fi and fantasy. Arguably the most difficult genres' to get into publishing wise! Are we all crazy??? Sssssh I'm not wanting an answer. :D

Political / Religious Thriller - Trained many moons ago as a priest but saw the light before I got ordained. Yet, the experience of training has given me wealth of resources to write about. Used to fill my evenings in seminary reading Morris West novels which were most based in and around the Vatican. Not that much into Dan Brown as I find his portrayal of the Vatican very artificial - Write about what you know, and from my experience the truth is always stranger than fiction.

Political / Religious Thriller - Trained many moons ago as a priest but saw the light before I got ordained. Yet, the experience of training has given me wealth of resources to write about. Used to fill my evenings in seminary reading Morris West novels which were most based in and around the Vatican. Not that much into Dan Brown as I find his portrayal of the Vatican very artificial - Write about what you know, and from my experience the truth is always stranger than fiction.
That's really interesting @Damian North :)

I can imagine it creates particularly colourful characters for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 100 Best Novels

The Demise of Authonomy

Back