Water does not....

Knowing you have....

I wish....

Paul Whybrow

Jun 20, 2015
Cornwall, UK
"Water does not resist. Water flows. When you plunge your hand into it, all you feel is a caress. Water is not a solid wall, it will not stop you. But water always goes where it wants to go, and nothing in the end can stand against it. Water is patient. Dripping water wears away a stone. Remember that, my child. Remember you are half water. If you can’t go through an obstacle, go around it. Water does...."

Margaret Atwood

iu

I think she needs to meet more water, maybe a big ocean wave that knocks over a ship, or reduces a city to rubble. Or maybe she needs to be more specific about the type of water and what contains it, but even lakes, rivers, dams and ponds wear away at the edges of everything on its path to where it wants to flow. Even water takes from the things it passes, and eventually leaves it smoothed or changed.

I think she needs to meet more water, maybe a big ocean wave that knocks over a ship, or reduces a city to rubble. Or maybe she needs to be more specific about the type of water and what contains it, but even lakes, rivers, dams and ponds wear away at the edges of everything on its path to where it wants to flow. Even water takes from the things it passes, and eventually leaves it smoothed or changed.
and she clearly has never felt the pain of a bellyflop. Like slamming into concrete. But water has memory apparently, which is a far more interesting thing to wax lyrical about.

Knowing you have....

I wish....

Back