Literature in the 21st Century

Grammar hacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magicman

Basic
Jul 21, 2018
Ontario, Canada
In a recent post, I quoted Shakespeare. Old memories dragged themselves to the forefront. Was William Shakespeare one person? Could a cunning, handsome young urchin entice a soon to be heiress into contributing to the church and an alderman of failing status in the community of Stratford-en-Avon to create a record of baptism for a William Shakespeare? Could a young actor beguile a performing troop into consolidating their skills, the master poet, the skilled story teller, the witty humorist, the cynical actor, the pretentious troop leader, into creating a play refined during presentations in cheap theatres until it was ready to be presented on the London stage? The double entendre woven into the works, the poetic magic to make the words linger in the memories of those who attended, the double-edged knife cutting into the traits of mankind and the politics of the past and present and baring them to the audience – is it possible that one man could deliver this to the world? Were “The Lost Years” the result of the man, the troop, breaking apart for reasons unknown? Was the second period, returning from those years, the establishment of a troop whose leader, William, bitter from the dolts in the audiences who could not see what was place before them, who would not act to rectify the wrongs of the world, a time when the audience required the veils be removed, the tragedies be presented to open their eyes?

History is a story clouded by a fog paid for by patrons. I don’t care if Shakespeare was one man, two men or a dozen or more. I am grateful to the man who created what we have before us today.

How do you fell about Shakespeare and who he may have been?

In a recent post, I quoted Shakespeare. Old memories dragged themselves to the forefront. Was William Shakespeare one person? Could a cunning, handsome young urchin entice a soon to be heiress into contributing to the church and an alderman of failing status in the community of Stratford-en-Avon to create a record of baptism for a William Shakespeare? Could a young actor beguile a performing troop into consolidating their skills, the master poet, the skilled story teller, the witty humorist, the cynical actor, the pretentious troop leader, into creating a play refined during presentations in cheap theatres until it was ready to be presented on the London stage? The double entendre woven into the works, the poetic magic to make the words linger in the memories of those who attended, the double-edged knife cutting into the traits of mankind and the politics of the past and present and baring them to the audience – is it possible that one man could deliver this to the world? Were “The Lost Years” the result of the man, the troop, breaking apart for reasons unknown? Was the second period, returning from those years, the establishment of a troop whose leader, William, bitter from the dolts in the audiences who could not see what was place before them, who would not act to rectify the wrongs of the world, a time when the audience required the veils be removed, the tragedies be presented to open their eyes?

History is a story clouded by a fog paid for by patrons. I don’t care if Shakespeare was one man, two men or a dozen or more. I am grateful to the man who created what we have before us today.

How do you fell about Shakespeare and who he may have been?

Some many questions around Will the Bard. I want to believe it was one man, but I´m inclined to think it was more than one. It´s certainly an interesting idea to explore. Would one person be able to do all this--yes! That is unquestionable in my opinion. I think it might have been a community of writers and actors sharing ideas and because no one back there was worried about copyright and stuff, they probably shared lots of ideas and took from each other constantly.

There is a connection with Lancashire, NW England. Hoghton Towers. His name was recorded there as Shakestaffe, one of a visiting troupe of players. It's also a Catholic connection at a time when it could be downright dangerous to be Catholic.

I'm not mad on Shakespeare. He is a sacred cow and I don't always rate the story telling, though I do rate the poetry and images.

Well, I had to look it up but I agree their adoration is not to be sneezed at, you eukaryote, depending which one wants to adore you, and here's hoping it is not s pyogenes.....I myself am assiduously befriending my lactobacilli, bribing them in with the aid of kefir, though the bifidus is behaving itself at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Literature in the 21st Century

Grammar hacks

Back