'Tragedy On The Cliff Top' by Eileen Dover

How to Start a Story

The Five Stages of Writing

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael Scott

Hello fellow scribes.
I've written a feature film script. It made it as far pre-production a couple of times. It's still doing the rounds. Meanwhile I'm starting work on a book. Writing is hard work. I play music and scribing doesn't come close thrill wise. But it is rewarding in a quiet way and sometimes that will suffice.
It is always good to finish what you started.

Attachments

• DSC_3147.JPG
    DSC_3147.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 3
Hi Michael - welcome aboard! Congrats on your screenplay - writing for the big screen is hard too, and very different from writing a novel! My husband has written two screenplays but struggled with turning one of them into a novel. You're in the right place for help and support - good luck with you new creative journey.

Welcome to the Colony! As for the difficulty of writing, I sometimes think of President Kennedy's speech about why America was attempting to go to the moon:

Adapting it:

We choose to go to the Moon write books in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win ....

Me? I'm still lost in space...and loving it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Start a Story

The Five Stages of Writing

Back