Hello from Alan P

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
May 19, 2014
London UK
I’d like to post a sticky for new members telling them about some of the ways we do things in these here parts. I’m giving one example below… please could you contribute anything you can to this thread, and I’ll then turn it into a single doc. Thanks!
---

Alerting someone in a post:

If you want to let someone know they’ve been mentioned in your post, simply write their Colony name prefixed by the “@” sign (just as you would on Twitter). For example:

@AgentPete

Will send me an alert that I’ve been mentioned in your post, and I’ll make a beeline for it!
---

Place your mouse pointer over ‘Alerts’ on the red bar, to see where someone has mentioned you in a post, or commented on a post you have also commented on. Click on ‘show all’ for the past alerts.

Has someone posted something you like or did they perhaps make you groan or maybe they even made you go all Derek?! Then let the poster know by hovering your mouse towards the bottom of their post and selecting the response you want to give.

In the case of monthly flash fiction competition those likes really count. The Litopian with the most likes for their flash fiction that month becomes the winner.

Think of it as being similar to Facebook's like but with a whole raft of options that allows you much more freedom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dear Reader....

Hello from Alan P

Back