Doubts, like louts, are all about.

J

Joseph Campbell and new Chapter 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Whybrow

Jun 20, 2015
Cornwall, UK
This thread might be of interest to fantasy and science-fiction writers. Roger Dean, an artist who created so many fantastic images for progressive rock bands in the 1970s and 1980s has an exhibition on in Sheffield that features some of his mind blowing paintings :

http://www.theguardian.com/music/ga...-near-here-prog-rock-album-covers-in-pictures

I had a Big O poster of his cover for Greenslade's Bedside Manners Are Extra on my wall as a young man. I kind of wish I'd kept it, as apparently it's now worth a lot.

Roger+Dean+Bedside+Manners+Are+Extra+600985.jpg

That is cold. I love Giger.

I had two art books from Alien and Species films that were Geiger's drawings and how they were translated onto the screen. I think they got put away as they were rather fragile. Might have to look if we still have them.

I had two art books from Alien and Species films that were Geiger's drawings and how they were translated onto the screen. I think they got put away as they were rather fragile. Might have to look if we still have them.
Yeah, Giger always ends up getting tucked away in the same place you have your "Art of Luis Royo" that you should have known you would never place in public view.

And... back to Alan Moore inadequacy jokes!

Yeah, Giger always ends up getting tucked away in the same place you have your "Art of Luis Royo" that you should have known you would never place in public view.

And... back to Alan Moore inadequacy jokes!

Why would I not display my Luis Royo book? Other than the fact I don't yet own one. I proudly display my Chris Achilleos 'Amazons' art book, 'Burlesque and the Art of the Teese' by Dita Von Teese and a book of pin up art 'Sirens' by David Wright.

Why would I not display my Luis Royo book? Other than the fact I don't yet own one. I proudly display my Chris Achilleos 'Amazons' art book, 'Burlesque and the Art of the Teese' by Dita Von Teese and a book of pin up art 'Sirens' by David Wright.
Okay.

You're probably good, then. Never mind. Isn't there some book by Madonna, as well?

Much, thanks @KG Christopher lmao, I love art books of any genre though tbh. I do have others; vampires and zombie art, a book about the Renaissance and one Christmas I bought hubby a book of artwork from the Labyrinth movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doubts, like louts, are all about.

J

Joseph Campbell and new Chapter 1

Back