• Start date
D

Your Twitter Accounts

What was your most valuable lesson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Octopus Messiah

Yesterday morning I was griping to the wife over coffee that the endless self-promotion required to bring attention to treasured projects, especially things you feel help move humanity in a positive direction (for instance: ridiculing the cruise industry, talking ISIS, Israel and Islam with an acclaimed Palestinian journalist, bigging up heroic people while being *hilarious*) often felt demoralizing and egotistical.

One minute later-- while perched upon the throne, appropriately enough-- I pick up the Sunday Times' book section and learn that the UK's #1 Hardback bestseller, written by a Geordie Shore and BBrother reality star, is:
Screen Shot 2015-08-05 at 4.01.08 PM.png
Moving to Defcon 3.
#killmenow

At least she's got the Deathly Hallows tattooed into her wrist. Good literature made it in there, despite her best efforts.

At least she's got the Deathly Hallows tattooed into her wrist. Good literature made it in there, despite her best efforts.
Thank you for that. Just when I thought the landscape couldn't get any more depressing-- except I forgot to mention the #1 paperback bestseller EL James' Grey.

(googling, not reading, I assure you): "And there she is: disarming once more, surprising me at every turn. My cock concurs." And just in case you missed it, one chapter later: "Miss Steele is a carnal creature. She will be a joy to train. My cock twitches in agreement."

#killmenow #mycorpsetwitches

We are, indeed, a doomed race. A couple of times I've set out to try and write satires about modern culture but when reality itself has surpassed satire where do you go?

It's the scariest thing about that book - it's called Me Me Me and it's not even satirical!

Last edited:
Further examples of reality surpassing satire:

Tony Blair appointed Peace Envoy to the Middle East

Morgan Spurlock directing a One Direction film

Online adverts that make it impossible to actually read site content or that stalk you around the internet (oh no, wait, these are simply "helpful suggestions" by companies "eager to build a personal relationship with their customers". Sorry)

Adverts in general

Fox News

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Your Twitter Accounts

What was your most valuable lesson?

Back