The dream lives on- V.E. Schwab signs $1 million book deal

The Mash will be disappearing in 7 days

Fake it till you Make it: Impostor Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, good for her, I guess.
Hopefully this other series of hers is better than the stuff I read. This Savage Song still remains utterly unfinished on my phone. Very unpleasant read.

Well, good for her, I guess.
Hopefully this other series of hers is better than the stuff I read. This Savage Song still remains utterly unfinished on my phone. Very unpleasant read.

Oh goodness, Howard. I was hoping this would spur us all into a furious writing fever that make our pens scorch the pages or our fingers bash the life out of the laptop. :D

Victoria’s story is inspirational though. Her blog explains how it has taken her 9 years to become an overnight success. I’m on year 2 and am in it for the long run. So, yeah. Let’s keep writing.

Oh goodness, Howard. I was hoping this would spur us all into a furious writing fever that make our pens scorch the pages or our fingers bash the life out of the laptop. :D

Victoria’s story is inspirational though. Her blog explains how it has taken her 9 years to become an overnight success. I’m on year 2 and am in it for the long run. So, yeah. Let’s keep writing.

Hey, if this inspires you, then be inspired! :D I am just observing that I didn't like one of her earlier novels. Not damning the woman for her success.:eek: All power to her.

For myself, I already am inspired. I am a few months away from the next completed novel, have started another already and have my usual backlog of roughly 20 more planned-out books to go.

Oh, and this is at least year 10 for me, though I won't last a whole lot longer, inspiration or no.

I know I've harped on this before ... but it's easy to forget that fabulous successes such as this one don't happen overnight. The authors work hard. They find a niche, and some of that is luck - writing the right book, for the right publisher, and the right market, at the right time - but there is HARD WORK involved, regardless. No matter what anyone thinks of their writing, deals and success like this don't come easily to anyone.

I'm thrilled for her, and even more so because this isn't a zero sum game. There is room for all of us because readers are one thing authors will never have too many of. And voracious readers don't stop at buying a set number of books. They will keep buying and reading because they love it. :)

So, yes! Her success is very inspiring! :) :) Thanks for posting the story, @Sea-shore! :)

I know I've harped on this before ... but it's easy to forget that fabulous successes such as this one don't happen overnight. The authors work hard. They find a niche, and some of that is luck - writing the right book, for the right publisher, and the right market, at the right time - but there is HARD WORK involved, regardless. No matter what anyone thinks of their writing, deals and success like this don't come easily to anyone.

I'm thrilled for her, and even more so because this isn't a zero sum game. There is room for all of us because readers are one thing authors will never have too many of. And voracious readers don't stop at buying a set number of books. They will keep buying and reading because they love it. :)

So, yes! Her success is very inspiring! :):) Thanks for posting the story, @Sea-shore! :)

We need the love-hearts back, @Carol Rose. *love* *love* :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mash will be disappearing in 7 days

Fake it till you Make it: Impostor Syndrome

Back