Fanfare! The Dragon Slayer's Daughter Cover

Mash vs Writing Groups

Katie-Ellen Is Writing Dangerously This Year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm very happy with the covers. The Dragon Slayer's Son has gotten great response regarding the cover, and I think I like Daughter even better. @Quillwitch, book #2 will be released in April, if all goes well. I'm planning a big marketing push once I have the pair.

Oh, I see! Yeah, I thought it was just the "son". Turns out he has a sister! Keep up the great work! Have you posted anything here recently to critique?

Both of them look fantastic. I also slightly prefer the Daughter and I'm sure they'll do really well. Wish I'd had books like this around when I was a child.

Oh, I see! Yeah, I thought it was just the "son". Turns out he has a sister! Keep up the great work! Have you posted anything here recently to critique?

Not a sister to the "son", but a friend, who is also a child of a dragon slayer. And I haven't posted anything for critique recently, but have several short stories almost ready for critique. Will be posting one or more of them in the next couple of days, hopefully.

Not a sister to the "son", but a friend, who is also a child of a dragon slayer. And I haven't posted anything for critique recently, but have several short stories almost ready for critique. Will be posting one or more of them in the next couple of days, hopefully.

Ah, the plot thickens! Sounds good! Well, let us know how the daughter works. Congratulations. Might I ask, is the illustrator a friend? Is it expensive to get something like this done?

The illustrator is Brendon Wright. He's a local guy. I had used him years ago to draw some biological sketches about forest succession for an interpretive panel. I liked his work then, so I went to him for my covers. Brendon is fabulous! Not only does he do great MG-friendly covers, but he's a pleasure to work with. He does a fair bit of work for corporate clients, city council, and the Canterbury District Health Board (he does all the cartoons for the kid-friendly info at the hospital). So he's got plenty of well-paid, somewhat dull work. I get the impression he really enjoys the book covers, and I know he under-charges me. The first one, he refused to set a price--told me to pay what I could afford. Did the same for the second, and I forced him to discuss what he wanted for his work. After four books, we've sort of come to an agreement he will charge me $200 for a cover. This is half (or less) of what he'd charge a corporate client. I do my best to pay him back by singing his praises as often as I can.

The illustrator is Brendon Wright. He's a local guy. I had used him years ago to draw some biological sketches about forest succession for an interpretive panel. I liked his work then, so I went to him for my covers. Brendon is fabulous! Not only does he do great MG-friendly covers, but he's a pleasure to work with. He does a fair bit of work for corporate clients, city council, and the Canterbury District Health Board (he does all the cartoons for the kid-friendly info at the hospital). So he's got plenty of well-paid, somewhat dull work. I get the impression he really enjoys the book covers, and I know he under-charges me. The first one, he refused to set a price--told me to pay what I could afford. Did the same for the second, and I forced him to discuss what he wanted for his work. After four books, we've sort of come to an agreement he will charge me $200 for a cover. This is half (or less) of what he'd charge a corporate client. I do my best to pay him back by singing his praises as often as I can.

That´s lovely! Great guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mash vs Writing Groups

Katie-Ellen Is Writing Dangerously This Year...

Back