The dark arts of book cover design

Dandelion Break "Now I'm Dead, Here's My LetterOf Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to read it Burnett, but the Times firewall is impregnable. You do not try to filch from old man Murdoch. Can you copy and paste?

On a mobile device, one could theoretically refresh the page then quickly turn on Airplane mode. If timed correctly, the text loads before the paywall overlay blocks it. Unfortunately, this method will likely prevent background images (like representative bookcovers) from loading.

I'm not a webdev, but it may work this way to give GoogleBing enough time to index the content for visibility.

:nerd-face:

On a mobile device, one could theoretically refresh the page then quickly turn on Airplane mode. If timed correctly, the text loads before the paywall overlay blocks it. Unfortunately, this method will likely prevent background images (like representative bookcovers) from loading.

I'm not a webdev, but it may work this way to give GoogleBing enough time to index the content for visibility.

:nerd-face:
Clever. But my mobile device is cursed by the devil himself. Anything useful I ask it to do requires a human sacrifice as I've already pledged my soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandelion Break "Now I'm Dead, Here's My LetterOf Advice

Back