Songs For Writers...

December submissions?

An Early Christmas Greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I do refer to him as "hubby" and "hubster" all the time on here, so... Michael *is* my hubby :D

It's good to be married to your hubster, I myself am married to the wifester? or wifi - (Shes always in range -haha).

My music preferences reflect my age, probably 4AD from Manchester, 80's to 90's , Cocteau Twins, Guthrie. Also I do love Jazz, Herbbie Hancock, George Benson, Stanley Clarke, Pat Methany band... Michael Nymon

It's good to be married to your hubster, I myself am married to the wifester? or wifi - (Shes always in range -haha).

My music preferences reflect my age, probably 4AD from Manchester, 80's to 90's , Cocteau Twins, Guthrie. Also I do love Jazz, Herbbie Hancock, George Benson, Stanley Clarke, Pat Methany band... Michael Nymon

Love Stanley Clark's "School Days"..

I live at what may be the noisiest location in Cornwall, a petrol station with a car workshop, on a busy main road and next to an airport. I listen to music from my laptop's hard drive non-stop, preferring to know what sound will happen next, rather than be shocked by another crash, bang, beep or rotors from a helicopter passing 100' overhead!

I listen to everything from Metallica to the soundtrack of Blade Runner, Cajun to Tom Waites, Alanis to BB King. I also listen to whole concerts on Youtube, as well as studio sessions. I've just found the clips posted by KEXP radio, a station in Seattle who favour indie rock.

To offer a specific answer for Carol Rose's question, one song that I return to often is from the wonderful Gutter Twin's first and only album Saturnalia. Greg Dulli and Mark Lanegan really know what they're doing, and this is one of the finest ever performances on Jools Holland's Later rock show. The opening line from Idle Hands always gets me going: With my idle hands there's nothing I can't do

I typically can't listen to music when I write, but while I'm formulating things in my head, I'll listen to plenty of music. I go through phases, but right now, I'm listening to a lot of Beardfish. Progressive Rock tends to have enough ebb and flow for me to develop broad strokes of my stories while listening to it.

Yes, I can listen to music if its just music, lyrics tend to get in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

December submissions?

An Early Christmas Greeting

Back