Fanfare! Solar Powered Books - Just so's you know!

R

Fanfare! Updated website needs review please!

Help! Trilogies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beginning today, all printed books purchased from the Lulu.com bookstore will include solar activated pages at no additional cost. “This breakthrough is the greatest advancement in reading technology since the invention of papyrus.” exclaimed Nigel Lee, Lulu CEO at the Paris Book Expo. “By combining this affordable, cutting edge technology with our global print-on-demand network, Lulu will once again disrupt the publishing industry. This is indeed the future of reading and we are leading the way.

Great for the British climate...It's sunny today, I can read :)

And the power goes where? I thought fingers turned the page, but I guess I'm old fashioned! ;)

No power given to the pages themselves. It's technology having to do with the ink, and apparently will eliminate the need to charge your e-reader? Okay...

"Following recent advancements in cell sensitivity, Lulu’s solar-powered books are not limited to use in direct sunlight, but are fully functional with LED, incandescent, fluorescent, firelight, candlelight and even moonlight on clear nights. This breakthrough ensures that students and readers everywhere can complete their assignments and even read for pleasure in any lighted space regardless of access to electricity or charging stations."

Since the press release came out on April 1st, I'm doubting this is real, but who knows???

Lulu.com Blog » Press Release: Lulu Leaps Ahead of Competitors with Release of Solar-Powered Books

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Fanfare! Updated website needs review please!

Help! Trilogies

Back