Silver Dagger Tours?

News Book Trends 2024

Amusement First AI Robot Vegan Fast Food Review

Jake E

Apr 6, 2020
England
Anyone heard of this company?

I just got an email from them, was wondering if they were legit or a scam.

J

Never heard of them. But as a rule of thumb: if they contact you without you having contacted them first, it's probably a scam, or someone who will fleece you by charging for their services (which probably won't be worth it for you).

Last edited:
Quick scan of the web site suggests (to me) that they are effectively an influencer for hire, focused on books. You pay them money, they may or may not do something (in that order).

I would strongly recommend staying away.

If you have already come up with a promotion plan and a budget, and they are the right provider, and you can get references, great, but put them up against others and see who offers the most for the least.

Quick scan of the web site suggests (to me) that they are effectively an influencer for hire, focused on books. You pay them money, they may or may not do something (in that order).

I would strongly recommend staying away.

If you have already come up with a promotion plan and a budget, and they are the right provider, and you can get references, great, but put them up against others and see who offers the most for the least.

My thought, exactly. She's an influencer for hire. And with only 7.2K followers on FaceBook.

@Jake E - you're pitching Prophecies as YA/NA. That age group is more likely to frequent TikTok. There are several Silver Daggers on TT, but I'm not sure any are her.

Her website is pretty simple. Yet it's messy on my mobile. There are some spelling boo-boos. Finally, her profile pic is backwards, so she doesn't know how to post a selfie.

I don't think Silver Dagger is in tune with the demo you're aiming for.

Whatsayyou @AgentPete ?

Last edited:
My hunch is as @Ed Simnett above. However, I don't know them and can't speak from experience.

“Blog tours” were much in favour by publishers a few years ago, a bit less now. They’re a legit way of trying to drum up interest in a new book. The problem is, in reality they were often seen (internally) as a way to keep the author happy that “some marketing is being done”. The numbers don’t usually work out, i.e. you may have to cover a shit-ton (sorry) of blogs just to get reasonable coverage numbers. CPM is through the roof.

But there may be exceptions, e.g. if the book is marketed to a tightly-defined audience who happen to read a few highly influential blogs, then go for it.

Just for the record, this sort of thread ought to be in the Back Room, please.

Anyone heard of this company?

I just got an email from them, was wondering if they were legit or a scam.

J
They're legit. And their service is fine. I used them about 6 years ago when I re-released a series with a new publisher. However, to be honest, their reach was poor (at least, in my genre), and blog tours in general were already waning as a means of promotion. If you're writing romance, urban fantasy, or women's fiction you might have a better result. I don't really recommend this as a way of promoting your work. I think there are other more cost effective approaches. Good luck!

They're legit. And their service is fine. I used them about 6 years ago when I re-released a series with a new publisher. However, to be honest, their reach was poor (at least, in my genre), and blog tours in general were already waning as a means of promotion. If you're writing romance, urban fantasy, or women's fiction you might have a better result. I don't really recommend this as a way of promoting your work. I think there are other more cost effective approaches. Good luck!
Please a seminar to
cat please GIF
share your more cost effective approaches.

News Book Trends 2024

Amusement First AI Robot Vegan Fast Food Review

Back