Fanfare! Short story published in Madcap Review

Would anyone like a copy of an ebook on non-fiction proposals?

Do top tier mags just flush slush?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I thought it wasn't fiction, but a treatise in a subject which does interest me, very much. Talk about well researched. Then I saw it was a story, and like your story about the telephone, it's very well done. It makes me think of Roald Dahl's 'Tales Of The Unexpected.'
What too clever by half nitwit, is going to permit himself ever to be immobilised in such clandestine circumstances, even in such a pursuit. Frankenstinian hubris, indeed.

It is in the tradition of a very good Daphne du Maurier short story, too, about a overweening scientists's attempt to bottle the soul of someone who has just died. The person agreed, knowing they were terminally ill, and the experiment succeeded, and the bottled soul was desperate for release.

Essentially, a deeply moral tale about the boundaries of self.

Thank you so much for reading, and for the like on the Madcap site, and most of all for the feedback above. It means a great deal, and I'm not just saying that.
Interesting that you should mention RD's Tales of the Unexpected; those stories have probably influenced me a great deal, sometimes too much, as I have put one story on the shelf, pending independent feedback, because with hindsight it seems rather too similar in plot to one of RD's.....[shame]:oops:....And I must reread the du Maurier stories, thanks for the reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would anyone like a copy of an ebook on non-fiction proposals?

Do top tier mags just flush slush?

Back