Fanfare! Short story, 'In Vino Veritas', accepted ...

Novels To Movies To Music.

Fanfare! Ravenna Tate's latest release!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well done happy to hear your getting there :cool: proud of all of you for your efforts and successes

Thanks all. I had to slay a lot of darlings en route. I thought I heard them screaming, but then I realised it was me.....

Thanks for your interest, Katie-Ellen. I am told it will be published in the 'D.M. du Jour' section on Thurs 5th March (www.dmdujour.wordpress.com). I will let you know when it appears. In fact, I would appreciate feedback on this one, as although I was happy with the way it turned out, it's also obvious that it leaves some people cold. That's inevitable, of course, but I'd still like to know why. Anyway, thanks again.

It's up now: https://dmdujour.wordpress.com/ I'd appreciate comments, if anyone has the time to read. I'd rather hear painful truths than comfortable platitudes, so feel free to be direct and critical. Bit like throwing vegetables at a peasant in the stocks - loads of fun. Thanks.

I'm certainly not going to throw vegetables. It's good. A strong entry for Danse Macabre. It's like something from Dahl's Hissing Tales, rough justice and the supernatural. I guessed what was coming, because I saw the angle. I'm most surprised anyone enjoyed the wine produced by the vitrioloc Ian-strangler-vine.

A teensy bit more editing here and there would rack up the style and punch, but it's a minor observation.

Congratulations :)

Thanks Katie-Ellen--very much appreciate you taking the time to do this. Not familiar with Dahl's Hissing Tales, I will put that on the 'to read' list.
Re editing--yes, I am sure you are right. I need an editor badly. But you don't get one of those without a publisher/agent [unless you pay]; and you don't get a publisher/agent unless you write something spectacular; and it is difficult to write something spectacular without strong editorial input....sigh....an instance of ouroboros?

CONGRATS!!!! This made my day. So happy for you and am planning to check it out this weekend!!!!

I'll help you with an edit of this one, be a second pair of eyes, anyway, if you plan to ship it again,
Thank you, that would be fantastic! And if you think there would be any value in me looking over any of your works in progress, just say the word, it would be a pleasure.

Marc, I've done an edit in Word. I can c and p into the body of a message here, or send as email attachment to designated address as preferred.

Congratulations again on a skilled and vivid story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novels To Movies To Music.

Fanfare! Ravenna Tate's latest release!

Back