News Scottish Trust Short Story Comp

What Would You Do? Surprising Word Count Quirks

December Flash Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. It often depends on the judge, but it does seem much harder for YA writers to get short-listed. Cream rises to the top though. Keep going.
My first 5k pages is cream after that it gets more like buttermilk. So I am happy to have the time to rework. I am excited to have the chance at little readers. Bath says they are gong to take a lot of longlistees to be read over the holidays. I love that idea. Here's to our chances!
Cheers Toast GIF by Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore

I think this is an interesting take on children's books. especially the opinion that YA is mostly read by adults...

I think this is an interesting take on children's books. especially the opinion that YA is mostly read by adults...

Yeah, I've seen it quoted that 50% of YA readers are adult. I think if you go for adult themes with a young voice, you're nailing it. also worth noting that US teens tend to be more mature in their coming-of-age state than UK teens.

Yeah, I've seen it quoted that 50% of YA readers are adult. I think if you go for adult themes with a young voice, you're nailing it. also worth noting that US teens tend to be more mature in their coming-of-age state than UK teens.
Interesting. Maybe because they never know when they might have to run from an active shooter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Would You Do? Surprising Word Count Quirks

December Flash Club

Back