16 Recurring Writing Contests - No entry fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bracken S

Basic
May 12, 2019
Huntsville, AL
Hey all!

Like the rest of you, i'm here because i'm passionate about writing! What you -may not- know though, is i'm actually a sentient talking penguin. When i'm not in the Arctic being an evolutionary outlier, i'm honing the climate of my craft to make it more penguin friendly.

Currently i'm working in a twelve book universe called the Lethe Cycle. Book four, in a very roundabout way, is finished but tabled due to a desire to provide growth room for that narrative arc. My focus right now is book 1, which is written in 3 > 2 person perspective in third person omniscient. (Have I mentioned that there's a penguin in my works?)

The genre may be described as SFF but I draw heavily from mystery, Russian novels, spy novels, and character based dramas.

Usually these introductions require some kind of inherent goal projection. At risk of being too nebulous, I hope to draft many of you into my penguin army. First Antarctica, then the world.

When i'm not writing, i'm running or playing guitar. I daylight as a contract writer for an indie game developer.

рия́тно познако́миться!

Hola Happy Feet! :)

As Shakespeare once wrote - 'All that glitters is not gold '

Welcome Bracken. We look forward to having you here and by the sounds of it you live a somewhat interesting life. LOL. :D

Kindest Regards,

RainbowAlix

:rainbow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, good, I've always wanted to meet a penguin. :) Are you a Siberian pedigree penguin? I see some Russian writing in your post.

Well, very nice to meet you. I'm curious, how is this typing with wings thing going (that's if your computer doesn't freeze in the sub zero temperatures)? Or do you have a chimanzee secretary whom you dictate your work to? Watch those. They're some sort of unofficial, strange union and will soon demand their office igloo is fitted with central heating (something to do with the Heath and Savety at work act).

A penguin army: You must be the General? General Bracken has a certain ring to it.

On a sensible note:

Welcome!

Hey all!

Like the rest of you, i'm here because i'm passionate about writing! What you -may not- know though, is i'm actually a sentient talking penguin. When i'm not in the Arctic being an evolutionary outlier, i'm honing the climate of my craft to make it more penguin friendly.

Currently i'm working in a twelve book universe called the Lethe Cycle. Book four, in a very roundabout way, is finished but tabled due to a desire to provide growth room for that narrative arc. My focus right now is book 1, which is written in 3 > 2 person perspective in third person omniscient. (Have I mentioned that there's a penguin in my works?)

The genre may be described as SFF but I draw heavily from mystery, Russian novels, spy novels, and character based dramas.

Usually these introductions require some kind of inherent goal projection. At risk of being too nebulous, I hope to draft many of you into my penguin army. First Antarctica, then the world.

When i'm not writing, i'm running or playing guitar. I daylight as a contract writer for an indie game developer.

рия́тно познако́миться!
Hi Bracken, I'm new too.
I envy your penguin heritage.
Jiannina

Hello and welcome! I don't have any cool connections to penguins or Antarctica. The best I have is that my friend used to be a penguin keeper. She once flew a dozen or so of them from Auckland to Paris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What fills you with wonder?

16 Recurring Writing Contests - No entry fees

Back