Fanfare! RONE Award

Quotes within dialogue

M

You wouldn't believe this if you read it in a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good reviews! And the story very likeably gets straight in there. What a way to acquire a new home. I've sometimes wondered about that, seeing it on the box when repossessed houses come up for auction.
The fact of that alone might guarantee some ghosts.

I once experienced a haunting, in a farmhouse in Suffolk, which was a holiday let at the time. I was woken in the night by a terrible feeling and I was terrified. I ran for the door in the end and went and got into bed with one of my sisters. Many years later I learned two things. My mother had experienced the same thing and not mentioned it, secondly, after the end of the Napoleonic wars, a man called John Sparrow had lost the farm and he, his wife and children had then gone on 'the parish.'

Maybe it was that, I had felt; the man's despair, and it was truly horrible. The archaeologist, and later paranormal investigator, TC Lethbridge, referred to such residual hauntings as 'ghouls.'

Really, really well done @Patricia D :)

Good reviews! And the story very likeably gets straight in there. What a way to acquire a new home. I've sometimes wondered about that, seeing it on the box when repossessed houses come up for auction.
The fact of that alone might guarantee some ghosts.

I once experienced a haunting, in a farmhouse in Suffolk, which was a holiday let at the time. I was woken in the night by a terrible feeling and I was terrified. I ran for the door in the end and went and got into bed with one of my sisters. Many years later I learned two things. My mother had experienced the same thing and not mentioned it, secondly, after the end of the Napoleonic wars, a man called John Sparrow had lost the farm and he, his wife and children had then gone on 'the parish.'

Maybe it was that, I had felt; the man's despair, and it was truly horrible. The archaeologist, and later paranormal investigator, TC Lethbridge, referred to such residual hauntings as 'ghouls.'

Really, really well done @Patricia D :)

thank you for the kind words.

I've also experienced things that aren't there, except they are, including residues of emotions from events past. This marvelous and strange world is far beyond my understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quotes within dialogue

M

You wouldn't believe this if you read it in a book.

Back