Rescue Your Heart

I

T

Introducing myself: Tony P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Lawal of the Silver Tongue. Hope you feel right at home here. :)
Magnificently marvelous Madz made of kind words and generous greeting gesture. I so much love the captivating Colony a lot more like the Nobel's Canopy. I'm feeling Nobel already!:)
;):D:D:cool::)

Warmest welcomes mellifluous Lawal, paragon poet of long-distant Lagos!
You're so sweet with wondrous word here Litopians, even no difference I'm one of the lovely Lagosians. Brilliant Boopadoo brings blessed and warmest welcome for me and grace and glories flourish like springs.
:):D

We are all sunflowers. Metaphorically, of course, before the scientists here tell me off :)

Sunflower

Sunflower stands and tracks the sun
From dawn until Apollo's gone
A patient and a hopeful eye
In adoration of the sky
Her days are rooted, quiet, spent
Towards the light her body leant
With other suns of earthly gold
Green arms outstretched for light’s sure hold
And rich with cargo, every one

Built strong with sugar from the sun

Alone in fields of fellowship

Hands asking to receive

But with no strength to grip

Etched deep with frosts and winds of loss

By night they dream of Hesperus

The Morning Star’s deliverance

The faintest and the farthest star

Still fires a phoenix from afar
While ancient suns long cold and gone

Still say the Story isn’t done.

KEH

Nobel writer, those words are yours, you own them. I loved them with so much passion. They came calmly claiming your heart.

If I may say:cool::D:

Still I say the Story can't be done.
Sunflower sells sweet smell so on
And on with what is just bygone.

**Your writing is wonderful with Metaphor as a king, Sunflower.

Kind Eloquent Honorable, KEH, I doff my hat for you at all time.

:) My thanks for those kind words. I wrote it thinking of an old Greek myth. Klytie was a girl who fell in love with Apollo, the sun god. By day she watched him pulling the chariot of the sun across the sky. He saw her but could not go nearer or he would burn her. When she died, though, he turned her into a sunflower so she could watch him for ever. But it's not particularly about falling in love. It's about the experience of being human. Some escape more lightly than others, but we all know what it is to hope, and to suffer loss, every last one of us. because we live so much more in the future and the past than the animals do.

Magnificently marvelous Madz made of kind words and generous greeting gesture. I so much love the captivating Colony a lot more like the Nobel's Canopy. I'm feeling Nobel already!:)
;):D:D:cool::)

Madz is too modest. He has written a book and found an agent. I hope he'll start his own thread telling us more about that.

It is hard, finding an agent. Or a publisher. Several of us have been hunting for a while, me included. Fiercely competitive market. No guarantees of anything.

Poetry book? Complete it! :)

Use twitter to find possible publishers :)

OK, Kind Eloquent Honorable, thanks a lot for the motivation. If I may say it's completed, what happens?

Though, it would be a remarkable random selection of my writings. Of course, I have really ready.:);)

It is hard, finding an agent. Or a publisher. Several of us have been hunting for a while, me included. Fiercely competitive market. No guarantees of anything.

Poetry book? Complete it! :)

Use twitter to find possible publishers :)
I guess you shouldn't be hunting, what of Passionate Company of this Colony? You may know who I mean, right?;)

:) My thanks for those kind words. I wrote it thinking of an old Greek myth. Klytie was a girl who fell in love with Apollo, the sun god. By day she watched him pulling the chariot of the sun across the sky. He saw her but could not go nearer or he would burn her. When she died, though, he turned her into a sunflower so she could watch him for ever. But it's not particularly about falling in love. It's about the experience of being human. Some escape more lightly than others, but we all know what it is to hope, and to suffer loss, every last one of us. because we live so much more in the future and the past than the animals do.
My pleasure! Your writing is a treasure I adore, and I can measure you have more, KEH, Kind Eloquent Honorable. I read through lines and stanzas, they were full of intriguing imaginations. Sunflower still seems a big brilliant book already.

May we sing ourselves a song...maybe we create a conversation later, if you don't mind my awesome admiration, KEH, Kind Eloquent Honorable.:)

I do take your meaning, but, no. The poetry scene in the UK is really tough. I know some truly brilliant poets, far better than some nationally known names. Most self-publish chap-books. One is well known, and been on tour in the US but she still doesn't make a penny, farms a few sheep and needed a lot of help with grants and things to enable her to get her work out there. And it is really good quality. Agent Pete doesn't handle poetry.

Do you know this poetry publisher in Lagos? The New Gong - Publishers of new African fiction, poetry, essays and images

Last edited:
Of course, Kind Eloquent Honorable, I know the publisher but I don't know anybody there personally. Besides I do want my writing to be crowned from outside.:)

I am always gaining grounds as well as I can here and that should make me to be a man. It is challenging here too, the floor is tight and it seems, the stage is crowded. Blessings bring believe to me:rolleyes:;)... my marvelously so special stage set soon. Though, some wonderful writers, awesome authors I know, they have been asking me to be published. Then I still want more from myself, to gain gorgeous ground.

But I do want my writings gaining glorious ground from outside than where I am around. Something happens and beautiful things keep on happening.

I understand, totally. There has in recent years been interest here in Nigerian poets. Can only suggest Litopia is only one of many online places you need to look and connect. Best of luck :)

I hope these help:

Contemporary Nigerian poets - Pulse Books - Pulse

4 top Nigerian poets to invade Ghana

This challenging article contains names of publishers of great Nigerian poets Nigerian Poetry – Black Star or Black Hole? — Magma Poetry

This article is a year old, about Nigeria/UK publishers The changing face of Nigerian literature | British Council

Follow these, and related others on twitter? The Jeli (@thejelistories) | Twitter

And Call for Submissions | Praxis Magazine for Arts & Literature

And this one is annual http://www.africanpoetryprize.org/

Last edited:
Wow! Those links, I think, would help. Humbly, I so much appreciate greatly. You've done for me more than a lot. Though I have been putting in for competition entries. All these links would help, I would try to make them work.

AndI can't appreciate you enough for the kind, Nobel and genuinely great personality you are Kind Eloquent Honorable, Your Majesty.:)

May I be glad to get the title of your big brilliant book, Yes
Nobel KEH, Kind Eloquent Honorable?:)

Majesty...hehehhe. I shall tell my husband to address me thus, see what he says.

You are welcome, lyrical Lawal.

Indeed and in deed, you deserve beyond my words. Besides, I'm researching, or I don't know other ways to treat a mother like a Majesty of which you are absolutely.

A majesty, you are. Your Majesty, Kind Eloquent Honorable! I think every man should wake up courage to treat history a beautiful page about his child, daughter, wife, mother or woman of any age.With you everything is true and truly talking truth of each other blessings is of you the more, since a mother should own the glory round the shores of love you share with me and more and more glory of us shine to the beautiful world.

My beautiful regards to him and your beautiful family, I do humbly appreciate you guys kindly.

I wrote a short story in Iambic Meters titled, "L035CG: I Knew My Mum Beyond the Kitchen Stuffs by Lawal Jimoh", which I sent to Commonwealth Writers Short Story Competition. I hope it wins.:)

It's about the struggles, hard times, a child and his mother have to go through in the pursuit of happiness and successes over hurdles. It was a terribly tough time.:cool:

I hope it wins, too. I would like to read it. I am sorry for those desperately tough times, and hugely respect the efforts and talents required to cope. Joy is a gift from heaven, one we're born with if we're lucky that way; a powerful shield, let nothing take it away.

Last edited:
So glad you've shown interest in my writings and that truly makes all things beautiful, thank you kindly for your sincere heart.

"I hope it wins too"

Oh Your Majesty, Kind Eloquent Honorable, again, your heart is positive of me, the glories of your name, I do perceive to be in our World and all of you and writings are springs flowing blessings.

One of their guildlines instruct:

The story must be original and should not have been published anywhere in full or in part before 1 May 2017.

But I may share it in my personal blog still I don't...Besides, I can send it to your mail, you may have mine, no charges to retail, with you, all what's fine:)

Last edited:
Lawal, public can see these conversations, and see your email address. :eek:
Story Links etc can be shared with members in conversations here via 'inbox 'and this is more secure.

This looks like a very major literary event. Not only Nigerian but international. LAGOSINTERNATIONALPOETRYFESTIVAL – #LipFest2016

I am learning something new, here.

Season's Greetings, one and all :)

To:

kind KG (Kind Greatly) of captivating Christopher, remarkable Richard, eloquent Emurelda, passionate Peggy of Lovely Lou, special Sea-shore, Kind Katie-Ellen of honorable Hazeldine or Kind Eloquent Honorable, lovely Lex of beautifully brilliant Black, creative captivating Carol of remarkable ruling Rose, beautiful Bluma bejewelled with bringing blessings of brilliant Bezbroda, remarkable ruling Robinne of wonderful working Weiss, passionate Paul of wonderful Whybrow, Magnificently marvelous Madz, Brilliant Boopadoo brings blessings....

Thank you greatly, everyone is beautiful!
:):D:rolleyes::cool::p:oops::eek:;)o_O

Welcome aboard - you certainly have an interesting way of communicating!
Wow! You're so much kind with wonderful words. I appreciate your quintessential comment as an incredibly intriguing Island Writer, you are a shelter of words in our centre. This is a canopy of a captivating Colony.:)
:cool::D

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

T

Introducing myself: Tony P

Back