Reading Multiple Books

Help! Blogging and Vlogging

Disney steals Alan Dean Foster's work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Whybrow

Jun 20, 2015
Cornwall, UK
An article in a newsletter from Book Riot discusses a reading habit I’ve followed for years:

A Case for Reading Multiple Books at a Time | Book Riot?

I’ve always had more than one book on the go at any one time. At the moment, I’m reading these titles:

* John Colapinto – About the Author

* Walter Mosley – Disciple

* Paulette Jiles – Enemy Women

* Henriette Anne Klauser – Writing On Both Sides Of The Brain

* Ian H Sutherland – Advanced Twitter Strategies

*Jia Jang – Rejection Proof

I read for about an hour when I go to bed, usually finishing a chapter of each book. A few weeks ago, I was reading three Walter Mosley novels in the crime genre, two from different series and one stand alone. It was an informative way of appreciating his technique.

Reading multiple titles is a good way of balancing pleasurable stories and informative required texts about writing technique.

Do any of you tackle more than one title at a time?

giphy1.gif

I've about seven going at any time. I like to balance fiction with non-fiction, so I can read different books at different times of the day, as the need arises.

I have around 2 or 3 on the go at a time. I read one in bed at night, one at the table, and relisten to a comp title in the morning (I have trouble sleeping and it puts me back to sleep, but I hate missing anything, so I need something I've already consumed). Then I have a book of poetry, Dickens and Shakespeare I dip into when I'm in the mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help! Blogging and Vlogging

Disney steals Alan Dean Foster's work

Back