Reading aloud

THOSE Christmas Circulars

The boring dinner party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it depends on how good you are at performing. I'd love to narrate one of my hubby's novels (bc the MC has my same sense of humor), but you can't have any slip ups when you're reading.
Sure you can! Even professional audio books are in like 5-minute segments, with little musical trills in-between, like so John Cleese can drink some water and go the bathroom and stuff. And you just stitch them together in AfterEffects, or whatever you prefer. It's a lot of fun.

Where you mustn't slip up is on live Radio ... which I did a few years ago, on two separate occasions. (I managed to make it seem as if I was emotionally distraught, the words caught in my throat ... but in truth, I was the only one to fluff their lines.)
Well, congratulations on being on the radio, anyway. And those guys mess up their words all the time. I knew someone that did a podcast interview about ten years back, and was impressed even with that.

Thanks Jason ... I was only comparing the live action to something like an audio book recording that can be re-recorded any number of times ... in as many sections as works for the vocalist ... like takes on a movie. I am certain any such professional recordings are done over a period of time and stitched in the editing suite.

I love this! I've always wanted to read out loud to someone, and have someone read to me. You are living my fantasy!! As it is, I do occasionally read out loud to myself, but it's mostly for vocal exercises. Multitasking. But it's also to slow me down. I have a wondering mind--it drives me crazy. But when I read out loud, I'm more likely to stay on track. Neither of my publications have an audio book, mostly because it's expensive to hire an actor, and I myself tend to read too fast. And whenever I read my work I want to edit it... making the audio of a final draft would be excruciating!!

I don't really like to read anything aloud but I let my computer say it back to me sometimes and that helps, if the computer has trouble saying it and stumbling on the words then its probably too complicated I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

THOSE Christmas Circulars

The boring dinner party.

Back