• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Promote Pop-Up Submissions on your social media: quick and easy ways to do it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KateESal

There have been lively discussions about how to boost Pop-Up Submissions with a ton of great suggestions on promoting the show.
Here's one way of doing it: download and share this on your social networks! This is for the next show (or any that feature Roz)
(Twitter)
Pop-Ups Roz twitter promo.jpg
Instagram
Pop-Ups Roz promo (Instagram Post).jpg
Facebook
Pop-Ups Roz promo (Facebook Post (Landscape)).jpg
If you're feeling creative and want to make your own promos, do please upload them to this thread so we can all share the heck out of them!
It's a good idea to add the Youtube link, and hotlink it, if you can:
Either the general Litopia channel link: youtube.com/@Litopia
Or (when Peter has it ready) the hotlink for the specific show.

If you're on Twitter, you could retweet my post

You can also share after the show and remind people that they can watch the recording :)

Attachments

• Pop-Ups Roz twitter promo.jpg
    Pop-Ups Roz twitter promo.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Here is a general promo which is formatted for Twitter (but you can obviously share on other media too!)
POP-UP SUBMISSIONS Twitter.png
I'm not sure if you can download them, but if not, you can use a screen shot...

Attachments

• POP-UP SUBMISSIONS Twitter.png
    POP-UP SUBMISSIONS Twitter.png
    312.8 KB · Views: 1
Here is a general promo which is formatted for Twitter (but you can obviously share on other media too!)
View attachment 16357
I'm not sure if you can download them, but if not, you can use a screen shot...
Ok, I've bitten the bullet recently and created a page on Facebook for my self-publishing. I've just shared your post but not many people will see it I'm afraid as I only have one friend so far! Thanks for creating. I'd love to see PopUps attract more viewers. I get so much out of it.

So I was able to add video link to my FB page as you can see over 14,000 followers... will add to my newer page but only has 100 followers.... attempted to add to my TikTok account on live but unable to??? Will keep trying

Attachments

• 20230827_113122 (1).jpg
    20230827_113122 (1).jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 6
There have been lively discussions about how to boost Pop-Up Submissions with a ton of great suggestions on promoting the show.
Here's one way of doing it: download and share this on your social networks! This is for the next show (or any that feature Roz)
(Twitter)
View attachment 16354
Instagram
View attachment 16355
Facebook
View attachment 16356
If you're feeling creative and want to make your own promos, do please upload them to this thread so we can all share the heck out of them!

You can also share after the show and remind people that they can watch the recording :)
What, no Popups or Litopia hashtag? I thought that was social media best practice!

(Twitter)
View attachment 16354
Instagram
View attachment 16355
Facebook
View attachment 16356

This is great, Kate! I chuckled when I saw it because I had just opened up Litopia with the intention of doing a quick post to suggest we all retweet Pete's weekly announcements about the show, and make sure we use hashtags that will distribute the posts to twitter (or Facebook, etc.) accounts that are widely followed (like #writerscommunity and tons more that get a lot of views).

This ad is really well done. And for those people who respond more positively to simple conversation as if among friends than to seeing an ad, just retweeting shows after they're shown and saying things like "This was great fun! And even got some great ideas about how to improve my first page!" (Or whatever one might say after watching and enjoying the show. Something natural and not so "sales" oriented.) It might make people curious enough to watch the video then and there, then look for more. And if they keep seeing posts like yours plus posts with people saying how much they enjoyed the show, they might check it out.

Ok, I've bitten the bullet recently and created a page on Facebook for my self-publishing. I've just shared your post but not many people will see it I'm afraid as I only have one friend so far! Thanks for creating. I'd love to see PopUps attract more viewers. I get so much out of it.
Sadly, I'm not so sure even your friend will see your post. Unless I'm doing something wrong when I post, only occasionally, I don't think my friends see my posts any longer. When I was more active, some did. And I notice since I've not been active on Facebook, the posts of some friends I was interacting with quite a lot previously never show up any longer. Just a lot of random junk. I think frequency of posting and sharing has something do do with it. Unless, as I said, I'm doing something wrong. Not sure what others' experience is. I know I thought my posts were being seen, but then got suspicious when I stopped seeing others, and found out they weren't seeing mine either. Frustrating. I don't have a lot of time to spend on social networking sites, but I'd like to at least think the friends and followers I have would see my posts and vice-versa. That said, Claire, I'm going to look for your Facebook page and ask to be your friend (By the way, I use the name Martta Karol on FBk and Twitter).

Sadly, I'm not so sure even your friend will see your post. Unless I'm doing something wrong when I post, only occasionally, I don't think my friends see my posts any longer. When I was more active, some did. And I notice since I've not been active on Facebook, the posts of some friends I was interacting with quite a lot previously never show up any longer. Just a lot of random junk. I think frequency of posting and sharing has something do do with it. Unless, as I said, I'm doing something wrong. Not sure what others' experience is. I know I thought my posts were being seen, but then got suspicious when I stopped seeing others, and found out they weren't seeing mine either. Frustrating. I don't have a lot of time to spend on social networking sites, but I'd like to at least think the friends and followers I have would see my posts and vice-versa. That said, Claire, I'm going to look for your Facebook page and ask to be your friend (By the way, I use the name Martta Karol on FBk and Twitter).
How frustrating!

I've found you on Facebook and sent you a Friend Request. I'm Claire Gallagher. It's a page set up for my self-publishing writing (romance-focused). I keep my other writing separate.

What, no Popups or Litopia hashtag? I thought that was social media best practice!
I usually use the #WritingCommunity hashtag because of the larger audience it attracts, but you're right: #Litopia #LitopiaColony #PopUpSubmissions and #LitopiaPopUpSubmissions are ones to get trending!
I saw the add too late.
No harm in posting after the live show, especially if you share a hotlink to the Youtube recording :)

and here's my Twitter post, for those who want to retweet:

BIG THANK YOU to those of you that shared this post and other links to the show! I doubt I'll have time in the weeks coming up to make too many more specific to particular guests (just started back at school) but I'll do them when I can. Feel free to use the generic post whenever, meanwhile! Only one day since it was aired and the show has already picked up 2K views, which is a higher figure than the three previous recordings! It's working, folks......

Last edited:
Seeing as I had a moment (and a template to work from...!) here's a Twitter promo of the coming week's show, which has the wonderful Lee Murray ("New Zealand's Stephen King") as special guest panellist.

I recommend continuing to promote the recording with Roz until, say, Thursday, then start sharing the Lee Murray promo.
Do check out her website, if you get a moment. She's a prolific writer and multi-award winner!
Home
Pop-Ups Roz twitter promo (1).jpg

Attachments

• Pop-Ups Roz twitter promo (1).jpg
    Pop-Ups Roz twitter promo (1).jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 4
I usually use the #WritingCommunity hashtag because of the larger audience it attracts, but you're right: #Litopia #LitopiaColony #PopUpSubmissions and #LitopiaPopUpSubmissions are ones to get trending!

No harm in posting after the live show, especially if you share a hotlink to the Youtube recording :)

and here's my Twitter post, for those who want to retweet:

BIG THANK YOU to those of you that shared this post and other links to the show! I doubt I'll have time in the weeks coming up to make too many more specific to particular guests (just started back at school) but I'll do them when I can. Feel free to use the generic post whenever, meanwhile! Only one day since it was aired and the show has already picked up 2K views, which is a higher figure than the three previous recordings! It's working, folks......

Fantastic, Kate! Thanks for sharing all the details of how you do it.

Seeing as I had a moment (and a template to work from...!) here's a Twitter promo of the coming week's show, which has the wonderful Lee Murray ("New Zealand's Stephen King") as special guest panellist.

I recommend continuing to promote the recording with Roz until, say, Thursday, then start sharing the Lee Murray promo.
Do check out her website, if you get a moment. She's a prolific writer and multi-award winner!
Home
View attachment 16369

On my to-do list :)

Let's let the world know that NZ's answer to Stephen King, the prodigiously talented Lee Murray is on Pop-Up Submissions this Sunday!

If you would like to re-tweet my Twitter post, here it is

Please share this on your socials, when you've got a minute!

Please add the attached :)

Below is a Twitter script, but feel free to adapt for other platforms:

The wonderful Bella Pearson from @guppybooks is joining @AgentPete on @Litopia Pop-Up Submissions this Sunday 5pm (UK)
What goes through an agent or publisher's mind when reading your MS? Your chance to find out!
#WritingCommunity #Litopia #AmWriting

And/or retweet my post

Attachments

• Pop-Ups guest twitter promo.jpg
    Pop-Ups guest twitter promo.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 2
(Twitter)
View attachment 16354
Instagram
View attachment 16355
Facebook
View attachment 16356

I used to promote a lot on Twitter but never got any replies or interaction so gave up...

Yep, Twitter has got worse for interaction. I've migrated to Bluesky and I have three times as many interactions over there from a third as many followers (although that figure is going up quickly). Recommended! The author/publisher/agent/blogger accounts are proliferating very fast.

Hey fellow Litopians!
One of our FAVOURITE guests, the wonderful Emma Robinson is our special guest panellist on Pop-Up Submissions this week.
Please share the heck out of this on your socials!

Attachments

• Pop-Ups guest twitter promo.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 1
Yep, Twitter has got worse for interaction. I've migrated to Bluesky and I have three times as many interactions over there from a third as many followers (although that figure is going up quickly). Recommended! The author/publisher/agent/blogger accounts are proliferating very fast.
I meant from Litopia lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back