Product 17

7 Literary Agents Seeking Fantasy NOW!

Rejection and the Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might i inquire why you have posted this? It's an intriguing tale, but don't forget the café is open to everyone who visits Litopia. You might be better off posting in the back room.
I understand you won't have access to the houses yet, but you should explain if you want critique before you post your work.
My only comment is that your character should hide the body out of sight, not site. Unless they're moving it from one site to another.

Might i inquire why you have posted this? It's an intriguing tale, but don't forget the café is open to everyone who visits Litopia. You might be better off posting in the back room.
I understand you won't have access to the houses yet, but you should explain if you want critique before you post your work.
My only comment is that your character should hide the body out of sight, not site. Unless they're moving it from one site to another.

Ahh, thank @Jennifer Stone , please just put it down to eagerness, and yes, thanks for the spelling correction, dearly appreciated from a signed up dyslexic.

I read in the flash club thread that I should post any entries in the cafe life forum?

Obviously got that totally wrong.

But thanks for the criticism, appreciated.

Ahh, thank @Jennifer Stone , please just put it down to eagerness, and yes, thanks for the spelling correction, dearly appreciated from a signed up dyslexic.

I read in the flash club thread that I should post any entries in the cafe life forum?

Obviously got that totally wrong.

But thanks for the criticism, appreciated.
Many places won't take a submission that has been previously published elsewhere, here having the definition of "visible or was ever at some point visible to the public in its entirety, in any way shape or form." So under the presumption you might want to submit the story to a magazine or competition, generally critique is done away from public view, to preserve the salability of the work. You might use the edit tool to remove it from this thread, and re-post in the Back Room — at least that section is only viewable by members of Litopia — while you wait for the Houses. And no worries — Flash Club has been around a long time — the Houses are new; the information is just out of date, is all.

Many places won't take a submission that has been previously published elsewhere, here having the definition of "visible or was ever at some point visible to the public in its entirety, in any way shape or form." So under the presumption you might want to submit the story to a magazine or competition, generally critique is done away from public view, to preserve the salability of the work. You might use the edit tool to remove it from this thread, and re-post in the Back Room — at least that section is only viewable by members of Litopia — while you wait for the Houses. And no worries — Flash Club has been around a long time — the Houses are new; the information is just out of date, is all.

Thanks @Jason Byrne. This little story is not intended for any publication, I thought I would enter the flash dance for November "I slammed the phone down, they just dont get it". I thought I would announce my greatness (sic) to the community with a little ditty, thats all.

I take your point though, I shall post it elsewhere.

Thanks @Jason Byrne. This little story is not intended for any publication, I thought I would enter the flash dance for November "I slammed the phone down, they just dont get it". I thought I would announce my greatness (sic) to the community with a little ditty, thats all.

I take your point though, I shall post it elsewhere.
Oh, that's last November. We haven't seen the upcoming November prompt yet, so keep that engine warm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

7 Literary Agents Seeking Fantasy NOW!

Rejection and the Writer

Back