Old English

Galley Beggar Press - Short Story Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emurelda

Basic
Feb 27, 2015
London
I'm going to try a simple test. Some have mentioned testing male/female unconscious bias but this one is more tangible vs intangible.

So having well and truly entered the submission process, I want to test whether a physical submission is any better or worse than an electronic one. I can't afford to submit too many. So will keep to around 10.

Anyone have experience with both? and thoughts?

I don't have experience personally, but be sure to check the agent's website about that. Many of them will not respond to physical submissions. There are a handful that only take hard copy, but they are very far and few between. Most take physical submissions less seriously; in this day and age, most see it as a waste of paper and space.

Long time ago I did a few snail mail ones. But in Scotland we had no printer and its a huge waste of paper IMHO. I stick to email, and most agents do now too. However, we do now have a printer (works with my pc but infuriating, it doesn't work with my partners!). So I'm planning on doing one for DAW books, except they want the full novel, 340 odd pages!

As for results, I doubt it makes any difference.

I don't have experience personally, but be sure to check the agent's website about that. Many of them will not respond to physical submissions. There are a handful that only take hard copy, but they are very far and few between. Most take physical submissions less seriously; in this day and age, most see it as a waste of paper and space.

Yes, I have to bear in mind and focus only on those that accept submissions. Good reminder.

Long time ago I did a few snail mail ones. But in Scotland we had no printer and its a huge waste of paper IMHO. I stick to email, and most agents do now too. However, we do now have a printer (works with my pc but infuriating, it doesn't work with my partners!). So I'm planning on doing one for DAW books, except they want the full novel, 340 odd pages!

As for results, I doubt it makes any difference.

You're probably right but you know me by now when I get my mind into something...well I have to give it a go! Soon you can tell me you told me so...soon my friend...very soon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Old English

Galley Beggar Press - Short Story Competition

Back