• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Personal research

• Thread starter Thread starter Jennifer Stone
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jennifer Stone

Greetings again my fellow litopians, I'm thinking of writing a series of books in which angry ancient gods interfere in the lives of modern-day mortals. I have two goddesses for my 'Vengeful Deity' series but am in need of a couple more. Please note, I'm not looking for the typical 'God of War', rather the darker, more menacing side, those who might have a score to settle with us mortals. Any mythology is welcome, I can do more research when I get around to writing them properly; also if you could include your favourite legend involving your choice, that'd help.

My choices, so far, are: Sehkmet- Egyptian goddess of destruction, and Artemis- Greek goddess of the wilderness. I'm mapping out some sample chapters to elaborate upon at a later date.

Thanks in advance :D

What you need is a god, or goddess of lightning! Well it was just a bolt in the dark, but the first one that came to me. I'm sure there's one somewhere ;)

Thank you all for your help. I'll let you know when I'm ready to start writing and let you sample firsthand

Check out the Hindu goddess - Kali. She's an interesting character. I've used her in a short story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back