Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Joan

Basic
Aug 26, 2014
Having been offline for a while, I have some nuggets of good news to share:

My flash piece 'Hue and Cry' is published in Chroma Magazine
My short story 'In Memoriam' is published in Sci Phi Journal
My short story 'Seeing John' is a finalist in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Award 2017/18, and so will be published by Aesthetica this December.

Less good: The short story that I had long-listed for the Brighton Prize did not proceed to the shortlist. But when I reread it I could see why -- it had several issues that I really should have spotted before submitting. I keep doing this -- sending stories off before they are ready -- and have messed up the market for a number of my pieces in this way (because journals usually won't accept resubmissions of a story they have already rejected). Very silly of me. But I have now revised the story and sent it off again, so hopefully it will get over the line this time....

Onward and upward.

i_can_reach_the_stars_by_honatia_atem.jpg

My short story 'Seeing John' is a finalist in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Award 2017/18, and so will be published by Aesthetica this December.

Less good: The short story that I had long-listed for the Brighton Prize did not proceed to the shortlist. But when I reread it I could see why -- it had several issues that I really should have spotted before submitting. I keep doing this -- sending stories off before they are ready -- and have messed up the market for a number of my pieces in this way (because journals usually won't accept resubmissions of a story they have already rejected). Very silly of me. But I have now revised the story and sent it off again, so hopefully it will get over the line this time....

Onward and upward.
Fabulous work, Marc!

Onward and upward.
Oh my God, I keep doing this 'jumping the gun' stuff too. Well done for the good news though. Just keep trying, I guess.

Onward and upward.

Congratulations on three publications! As for submitting too soon, I know how that feels. There is nothing like a rejection to make you look at your story with fresh eyes--and wince. Ever onward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catching up with pop-up submissions

Greetings from France

Back