Pandemic Book Sales

Writing Under Pressure

"I demoni di Wakenhyrst"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Whybrow

Jun 20, 2015
Cornwall, UK
It’s amazing how the coronavirus and lockdown have affected book sales in 2020.

Pandemic drives ebook and audiobook sales by UK publishers to all-time high

Helped by the UK government dropping the iniquitous tax on eBooks, their sales have risen by 23%.

It’s been a wonderful year for audiobooks! Sales are up by 42% in the first six months of this year. I’ve finally done something right!:) But not fun, though—turning my Cornish Detective series into audiobooks has been exasperating, exhausting and boring.:confused: I’m three-quarters of the way through completing the task; all five titles will be available on Audible by Christmas.

iu

I definitely contributed to the e-books boom...on my own behalf and on my children's behalf (we got my 7 yo son a Kindle as a lockdown present. He loves it and reads from it every day. My daughter's e-reader — a Kobo — still ranks as her favourite ever present.) Living in Spain, but wanting to read in English, makes e-books a much more convenient option anyway, seeing as a lot of the titles I want to read aren't readily available in the local shops.
It’s been a wonderful year for audiobooks! Sales are up by 42% in the first six months of this year. I’ve finally done something right!:) But not fun, though—turning my Cornish Detective series into audiobooks has been exasperating, exhausting and boring.:confused: I’m three-quarters of the way through completing the task; all five titles will be available on Audible by Christmas.

I take my hat off to you, Paul. Your perseverence has been a marvel to behold, especially given the setbacks you've faced along the way. You fully deserve every success your audio books bring you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Writing Under Pressure

"I demoni di Wakenhyrst"

Back