Come to Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JosieDom

Basic
May 8, 2020
Halstead, Essex
Hello
I am a writer of children's picture books, so I need to find an illustrator. What is the form for finding someone? I'm nervous of sharing my story. Do I ask for confirmation that the story will remain confidential until published? As in a non-disclosure agreement, for instance. Or if I decide not to use an illustrator that has received my story, what can I do to ensure that they don't take the story elsewhere?
Many thanks, Josie

A useful website for book cover design and much more is Joel Friedlander's The Book Designer:

The Book Designer - Practical advice to help build better books

His newsletter is worth subscribing to, as he compiles one of the best aggregators of other writing gurus' posts. Once a month, he runs a book cover design award, in which he assesses book covers submitted to him, pointing out the strengths and weaknesses of designs.

iu

A useful website for book cover design and much more is Joel Friedlander's The Book Designer:

The Book Designer - Practical advice to help build better books

His newsletter is worth subscribing to, as he compiles one of the best aggregators of other writing gurus' posts. Once a month, he runs a book cover design award, in which he assesses book covers submitted to him, pointing out the strengths and weaknesses of designs.

iu
This doesn't quite fit the bill, but thanks for replying. I'm not looking for book covers - which presumably would not require disclosure of a full manuscript, and therefore no risk of work being misappropriated. I'm looking for an illustrator of a full book, so I do need to part with my full story. Which is a bit scary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

How Writing Feels

Come to Life

Back