Now that's a library

Why a Book Tour is more Brutal than a Political Campaign

Now, that's what I call cover art!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, I lived there once too. It has advantages. But I prefer the country, now.

So do I, now, emphatically so. But it's always nice to look back with rose-tinted specs. ;):)

We've finally got a new central library, after it was destroyed in the 2011 earthquake. Fabulous place, with balconies, quiet rooms, rooms for making noise in, 3-d printers, lots of books (of course) and a Hogwarts-worthy staircase up through the centre. And, best of all, from my perspective, is that a colleague (another entomologist by training) is the programme director there, and we've been talking about all the cool 'Bugs and Books' events I could run there...

When my wife was teaching, 'I'll see you down the library' was code for meeting in the pub after work. One day she overheard one of the kids say, 'Those teachers are really sad. They've got nothing better to do than visit the public library after work.'

When my wife was teaching, 'I'll see you down the library' was code for meeting in the pub after work. One day she overheard one of the kids say, 'Those teachers are really sad. They've got nothing better to do than visit the public library after work.'

There's a relatively new pub near my husband's work. It's called The Lab (in part, because it's in a town full of scientists, and in part because they brew on site), so of course everyone has meetings in The Lab, or stays late at work in The Lab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why a Book Tour is more Brutal than a Political Campaign

Now, that's what I call cover art!

Back