M

Beta readers

September Flash Submissions Vote Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rochelle

Hey Everybody!

Wow... no pressure right, first post on here!

My name is Rochelle and this is the first time I have ever engaged on a social network for writers! I'm excited, nervous, and uncertain of what to expect.

When I'm not writing I am being sucked into reality TV, drinking coffee (in desperate need of a coffee face lift!), gaming, hanging out with my six awesome pets, or my friends. I've recently found myself obsessed with mystery rooms, if you haven't tried them you have to!

I love reading almost anything but am drawn to unhappily ever afters, those are the stories I remember. I am highly interested in fantasy, science fiction, and antagonists I love to hate.

I have written a new adult speculative fiction entitled Apperception. As you can imagine with my love for antagonists I've created a charming, lovely monster. While I love my genre I am having a hard time finding my place in the new adult market. You know with all of that 50 shades going around.

I look forward to meeting amazing people on here, giving feedback, and hopefully receiving some as well!

Ro

51244649.jpg
Arr, avast, Rochelle! (All the good nautical greetings were taken)

Sounds like you'll fit in marvelously here — a lot of fellow fantasy writers, as well as many more with a completely different perspective for inspiration to take you in completely different directions.

This was my first — and only — foray into online writer's forums, as well. Look forward to seeing you about the Colony!

Hey Everybody!

Wow... no pressure right, first post on here!

My name is Rochelle and this is the first time I have ever engaged on a social network for writers! I'm excited, nervous, and uncertain of what to expect.

When I'm not writing I am being sucked into reality TV, drinking coffee (in desperate need of a coffee face lift!), gaming, hanging out with my six awesome pets, or my friends. I've recently found myself obsessed with mystery rooms, if you haven't tried them you have to!

I love reading almost anything but am drawn to unhappily ever afters, those are the stories I remember. I am highly interested in fantasy, science fiction, and antagonists I love to hate.

I have written a new adult speculative fiction entitled Apperception. As you can imagine with my love for antagonists I've created a charming, lovely monster. While I love my genre I am having a hard time finding my place in the new adult market. You know with all of that 50 shades going around.

I look forward to meeting amazing people on here, giving feedback, and hopefully receiving some as well!

Ro
Welcome welcome, welcome to the mad house ;) Only joking.

I'm with you on the unhappily ever afters, though it is nice to get closure, it gives the fiction a truer to life feel if it''s not a Waltons ending.

Are you submitting your novel or have you already published it?

Welcome welcome, welcome to the mad house ;) Only joking.

I'm with you on the unhappily ever afters, though it is nice to get closure, it gives the fiction a truer to life feel if it''s not a Waltons ending.

Are you submitting your novel or have you already published it?

Submitting unsuccessfully thus far but I've just sent out a handful more so we'll see, fingers crossed!

Hey Rochelle! Welcome! Your story sounds cool, I love the bad guys and monsters! One thing I've got to ask (because Google brought up a bunch of things), what are mystery rooms? At first I thought you meant those hidden object games... but now I'm finding rooms you don't know where you're going, escape rooms, and the list goes on! Halp! :p Also, what pets have you got? We've got a fair few animal lovers here I think!

Hey Rochelle! Welcome! Your story sounds cool, I love the bad guys and monsters! One thing I've got to ask (because Google brought up a bunch of things), what are mystery rooms? At first I thought you meant those hidden object games... but now I'm finding rooms you don't know where you're going, escape rooms, and the list goes on! Halp! :p Also, what pets have you got? We've got a fair few animal lovers here I think!

Mystery rooms or escape rooms are usually 45 min- 60 mins you are locked in a themed room with nothing (sometimes in the dark) and your goal is to put together a series of clues to escape. Sometimes there are 5 rooms to escape from and sometimes only 1. It's different based on the room but very reasonably priced and a good time!

I have a cat, dog, turtle, a Lizard, and two snakes (one big one little)

Do you have any pets?

You will find that many of us have cats. And love to share pictures of them. In fact....
20150125_194200.jpg
Here are my two goofballs. If I had a bigger apartment, and the energy/time to keep up with one, I'd have a puppy, too. But for now, I settle for visiting my parents every few weeks and seeing my childhood pup there (okay, he's a little older than a pup, but he'll always be a puppy). :)

Cats are so awesome! I need to get some pictures of all the cats next door to my parent's house. They live next door to a cat foster person and there are so many wandering around!

Aaah, turtles are so cool. I'd love one! They look so wise, I think I'd visit mine with all my problems! I have a few pets. Cats, ferrets, rabbits (not near the ferrets :p), axolotls, and fish.

I can't remember if I've asked this before, but do we have a pet picture thread? I know it would be really off-topic for a writing forum, but heck, we have a psychopath test thread, haha!

I don't have cats anymore :( Hubby developed a severe allergy to ours so all 3 had to find new homes :( (hubby is on immune suppressants to try and control his Crohns)
We now have 2 dogs and 5 "unicorns" minus 3 cats. Gads that's maths with animals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Beta readers

September Flash Submissions Vote Now!

Back