The Common Touch

Help! Vocab and Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisLewando

Basic
Feb 13, 2018
West Cork, Ireland
Hi, I've recently been building two websites, one for pure romance, and one for the other stuff. Initially I did it as one website with a pick your genre' opening, but much reading on the subject has made me believe romance readers don't want other stuff, and other stuff readers don't believe you can write thrillers if you write romance. So, I separated them with two distinctly different appearances and two distinct author names. It's taken a few months of hair-tearing as I'm new to the game. I'd really appreciate first impressions and suggestions.

Romance: Sue Lewando, Author
Other: Chris Lewando, Author

I've updated If Aliens Could Swim (previously titled Night Shadows), and Jessie Running, which some of you kindly gave me feedback on during a submissions event. If anyone has an interest in seeing the reworked openings versus the originals - it was a learning curve for me, the advice from all much appreciated and acted upon. I know how precious time is, as a writer, so I won't submit them unless I get a positive request. Or, of course, anyone can have any of my work, at this stage of the game. Just request it from the site, and hey presto! I'm seeking a few Amazon reviews, as most of my books are sitting in starless limbo.

Hi, I've recently been building two websites, one for pure romance, and one for the other stuff. Initially I did it as one website with a pick your genre' opening, but much reading on the subject has made me believe romance readers don't want other stuff, and other stuff readers don't believe you can write thrillers if you write romance. So, I separated them with two distinctly different appearances and two distinct author names. It's taken a few months of hair-tearing as I'm new to the game. I'd really appreciate first impressions and suggestions.

Romance: Sue Lewando, Author
Other: Chris Lewando, Author

I've updated If Aliens Could Swim (previously titled Night Shadows), and Jessie Running, which some of you kindly gave me feedback on during a submissions event. If anyone has an interest in seeing the reworked openings versus the originals - it was a learning curve for me, the advice from all much appreciated and acted upon. I know how precious time is, as a writer, so I won't submit them unless I get a positive request. Or, of course, anyone can have any of my work, at this stage of the game. Just request it from the site, and hey presto! I'm seeking a few Amazon reviews, as most of my books are sitting in starless limbo.
Well done! :)

The sites are attractive and easy to navigate. I did feel the home page of the romance was quite text-heavy. Also, the introductory text on that page sounds like a technical evaluation of your writing style. It's great to let people know the type of romances you write, but I found your description dry, and maybe not the right way to draw readers in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Common Touch

Help! Vocab and Best wishes.

Back