• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Welcome… I’m New Here! New member

Select this prefix to introduce yourself here!
Welcome.

Physics Noir sounds intriguing.

Having recently joined, I can assure you that people are genuinely friendly...if, on occasion, direct (which I like).

What part of the world are you in?

Hi Allen! Rocket engines and Sci fi sounds like a sublime combination. I'm looking forward to reading your work
Thanks! At cocktail parties I can be either a rocket scientist or (unpublished) author, depending on the needs of the moment. ;-)

Welcome.

Physics Noir sounds intriguing.

Having recently joined, I can assure you that people are genuinely friendly...if, on occasion, direct (which I like).

What part of the world are you in?
Thanks. I live in Washington, DC, an endless source of inspiration.

Hi I'm curious why you changed your name. Wasn't your story Shattered Shards just on here as RokitAI? My Uncle worked for NASA in the 60's developing rocket fuel. Where are you based? Science Fiction is a good genre to start in, but readers have changed in recent years.

Last edited:
Hi I'm curious why you changed your name. Wasn't your story Shattered Shards just on here as RokitAI? My Uncle worked for NASA in the 60's developing rocket fuel. Where are you based?
My account got deleted as robo-spam. Apparently the spam guard didn't like my screen name so now I'm just Allen N. I will repost Shattered Shards. I think it was you that posted the helpful comments, but it was deleted so that's from memory. If so, thank you. I'm from Washington, DC (not Tokyo). Shattered Shards is my first (and only) short story. I know many people who knew 60's era rocket scientists, so there's probably a short convergence of mutual connections.

Hi @Allen N And a very warm welcome to the colony.

Nice to have you here and hope you find Litopia a fun and informative community.

This is a good place to check out (How-to guide) to see a lot of what goes on and how to navigate the site.

If anything is unclear do please contact me and I’ll be happy to assist if I can.

Hi @Allen N And a very warm welcome to the colony.

Nice to have you here and hope you find Litopia a fun and informative community.

This is a good place to check out (How-to guide) to see a lot of what goes on and how to navigate the site.

If anything is unclear do please contact me and I’ll be happy to assist if I can.
Thanks, will do!