New like buttons

Writers' workspaces

The Mind of a Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange, I can see there's still one panda I gave, but it doesn't show who to, or in what thread? :cool:

Groans, good luck, salute, cheers, scary, and rainbows are neutral. Only the poor, misunderstood panda appears to give negative points. Like, love, agree, funny, winner, informative, useful, and creative give positive points.

But the question is, what does it all mean???? :confused:

You expect an answer? It's the greatest mystery of the universe; a colony of online Authors bemused and confused by a bunch of little symbols! New novel, "Writers Beware." The saga of Authors, running in circles chased by fictional characters; coming to you soon. :D

Yes, sorry about that Carol, I thought the pandas were cute, I have desisted from giving anyone any more pandas, even if I disagree 101% with what they post, live and let live is what I say, can you ever forgive me Carol???
LOL!! Of course!! I'm one who also thought pandas were cute and was handing them out like candy at first! Why do we have them at all if they're negative? What's going to happen with all those points?

Those points will go into a barrel, and be added to concrete. Positives will float, negatives won't..... :p

Groans, good luck, salute, cheers, scary, and rainbows are neutral. Only the poor, misunderstood panda appears to give negative points. Like, love, agree, funny, winner, informative, useful, and creative give positive points.

But the question is, what does it all mean???? :confused:

It means - just like in writing wrt senses - we have a palette of reactions to choose from. :D

Yes, sorry about that Carol, I thought the pandas were cute, I have desisted from giving anyone any more pandas, even if I disagree 101% with what they post, live and let live is what I say, can you ever forgive me Carol???
Reading between the lines (!), I think Carol is asking if you perhaps you might consider actually removing the panda you gave her....:rolleyes:

I think the Panda here means, caution. Don't make up your mind yet, or give too much away. Stay watchful, wait and see...

The Panda-modium is understandable. I saw, I undid. It's simply black and white, no in-betweens ;)

Apparently, Emoji is the fastest growing language in the world.

Emoji is Britain's fastest growing language as most popular symbol revealed

If people don't need words to understand a message, where does that leave we writers?

d496bfc67074229faf9d03fd4251dbb4.jpg
Jimmy Kimmel does a recap of The Bachelor every episode entirely with emojis. It's amazing.

Aannndddd that's not a carrot, it's a wrench. Yeah... if y'all get something from me that looks wrong, it probably is but it's (most likely) not intentionally mean :cool:
Dangit none of these are what I think they are. For reference, it's not a cat, its an owl. Oy.
I thought it was a missile. Wrench makes more sense.
Are we sure that's not an owl?

Last edited:
I'm surprised groan is neutral and not negative.

We need a "le sigh" emoji. Here we go.
ennuicat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Writers' workspaces

The Mind of a Writer

Back