Newbie Alert!

10 Speculative Magazines Accepting Submissions NOW - Paying markets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor W. S.

Basic
Jun 13, 2019
Deutschland
I've been writing since I retired (photographer).
I couldn't 'write' well at all at the start and some kind people (really) on Authonomy helped me out, set me on the right path- Internet, teach yourself.
Nobody is a born writer, but having said that it doesn't mean you can't be one. Whether you become good at it is up to you.
I was told once I was head-hopping in one of my crime stories, I wasn't, it was multiple POV.
I have just read-'Dreadnought' by Cherie Priest. She should have written it in the first person tense, then she wouldn't have caused so much literary confusion with her lack of pronouns. Good story, even though it 'dragged on with too many words to say so little.
I've written a bit about time travel in which matter transmission plays a part, not just moving through time but to different places.
Is anybody writing sci-fi?

I've been writing since I retired (photographer).
I couldn't 'write' well at all at the start and some kind people (really) on Authonomy helped me out, set me on the right path- Internet, teach yourself.
Nobody is a born writer, but having said that it doesn't mean you can't be one. Whether you become good at it is up to you.
I was told once I was head-hopping in one of my crime stories, I wasn't, it was multiple POV.
I have just read-'Dreadnought' by Cherie Priest. She should have written it in the first person tense, then she wouldn't have caused so much literary confusion with her lack of pronouns. Good story, even though it 'dragged on with too many words to say so little.
I've written a bit about time travel in which matter transmission plays a part, not just moving through time but to different places.
Is anybody writing sci-fi?
Hi Taylor,
I'll read sci-fi if someone's recommended the book.
That's not helpful, is it?
I mean, anything interests me if it's well written.

Thank you. I also write crime and a few tales concerning the holocaust. Is it allowed upload something here, what do you suggest and how do I go about it?
I'm relatively new, so I don't know if uploading finished work is allowed. I have read excerpts that have been posted for comments from fellow writers. Many Litopians have been generous dedicating considerable time in reading and jotting down their (sometimes long and detailed) reviews.
P.S. I am not one of them, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie Alert!

10 Speculative Magazines Accepting Submissions NOW - Paying markets

Back